Asyulus

Weekend Actuals | Spy 29.09M, SA 25.84M, Ins3 22.69M, Ent 10.28M, MM 7.83M, PP2 7.57M, TL 7.2M, AoU 6.34M

How about the fact that PIB never had 1/10th the merchandising success and pop culture relevance that the Minions have? Was he ever on rolls of Bounty in every grocery and big box store in the country and every box Amazon.com ships out for weeks?

Yeah and High School Musical is a billion dollar franchise too yet you don't see it making hundreds of millions. Minions have already completely saturated the kids market, there's no where to grow especially without having the girls and Gru present for the older crowd. They won't show up for this I can guarantee that.

• Like 1

Yeah and High School Musical is a billion dollar franchise too yet you don't see it making hundreds of millions. Minions have already completely saturated the kids market, there's no where to grow especially without having the girls and Gru present for the older crowd. They won't show up for this I can guarantee that.

But Sandra Bullock.

Um....we can't exactly be sure about it...

People said the same thing about GOTG and yet look how that turned out...

So, I'm sorry but we can't be 100% sure if it misses $200M or not. Marvel will try their best to market it.

But lowest case scenario, it could do $160M if people dont like it as much as GOTG.

No lowest case scenario is 125m. This is not going over well with the GA right now and regardless of Marvel's strength as a brand this won't even come close to 200m.

It is not the same thing. Not even the same medium. You say 215? Cool. I think thats way too low, but I don't really care. You shouldn't care so much either if people are predicting higher. I'm personally seeing $330M, maybe more, and I'm sticking with that. I could give 2 shits what Youtube says.

I don't care all that much, I'm just saying that Minions is wayyyy overhyped on this board. If users want to argue that I'm the one who's way off on my thinking then of course I will defend myself in an argument. Well YouTube views told me that Insidious wouldn't even make mid 20's, because I compared trailer views from the 2nd to the 3rd. That's the only metric I used. I also used that "useless" metric to predict AOU falling way short of expectations, Pitch Perfect 2's breakout, Tomorrowland's Flop and Spy's disappointing OW and I'm using it to predict JW will hit near 300m if not more back in April. So go on about this useless metric while I continue to gauge how's vies will do fairly accurately.

P.S. I ignored the huge trailer views count for Mad Max and wound up regretting it.

I thought Spy would open a bit better than it has. It'll have legs for sure, but it's difficult to understand why it didn't open bigger considering the reviews. Maybe Kingsman had already filled the quota for spy comedies for some people.

Or people are saving their money for next weekend.

But Sandra Bullock.

I love Sandra Bullock and she will help offset the drop, but it was the combination of the girls, Gru and the minions that made Despicable Me so popular. Now two of those factors are gone. I think it will effect it a lot, but we shall see.

I don't care all that much, I'm just saying that Minions is wayyyy overhyped on this board. If users want to argue that I'm the one who's way off on my thinking then of course I will defend myself in an argument. Well YouTube views told me that Insidious wouldn't even make mid 20's, because I compared trailer views from the 2nd to the 3rd. That's the only metric I used. I also used that "useless" metric to predict AOU falling way short of expectations, Pitch Perfect 2's breakout, Tomorrowland's Flop and Spy's disappointing OW and I'm using it to predict JW will hit near 300m if not more back in April. So go on about this useless metric while I continue to gauge how's vies will do fairly accurately.

P.S. I ignored the huge trailer views count for Mad Max and wound up regretting it.

So considering trailer views only then, Minions should wipe the floor with Inside Out right? I mean, they have almost double the views of Inside Out's trailers.

Also, as far as I remember, AOU had massive trailer views, more than the first movie. AOU's teaser has 75M views, Avengers trailer has 42M.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

Minions have already completely saturated the kids market, there's no where to grow especially without having the girls and Gru present for the older crowd. They won't show up for this I can guarantee that.

I'm a 36 year-old man.  Gru and the girls were cute in the first one, but I struggle to remember anything about them in the second one.  I'm really fucking excited about Minions and I'm glad that Gru and the girls aren't back.

• Like 1

No lowest case scenario is 125m. This is not going over well with the GA right now and regardless of Marvel's strength as a brand this won't even come close to 200m.

I don't believe in some of your low-ballings of some films here. :angry:

"This film is not gonna do that much." & "That film is not even doing that much."

I'm sorry..but they're not gonna do exactly what you think they will gross. Which is the lower gross.

They're not doing disappointing numbers. Keep in mind, the studios will do everything in their power to market their films well.

So I don't see where Ant-Man misses $200M or Minions missing $300M.

I don't believe in some of your low-ballings of some films here. :angry:

"This film is not gonna do that much." & "That film is not even doing that much."

I'm sorry..but they're not gonna do exactly what you think they will gross. Which is the lower gross.

They're not doing disappointing numbers. Keep in mind, the studios will do everything in their power to market their films well.

So I don't see where Ant-Man misses $200M or Minions missing $300M.

Ant-Man will more likely miss 100M than hit 200M

Tele's officially one of those parents that takes their kid to the movies and gives a side-eye to any middle aged man that walks in on his own.

I enjoyed going to some animated movies 15 years ago. Don't have any interest now, aside from the occasional Pixar.

• Like 1

So considering trailer views only then, Minions should wipe the floor with Inside Out right? I mean, they have almost double the views of Inside Out's trailers.

Also, as far as I remember, AOU had massive trailer views, more than the first movie. AOU's teaser has 75M views, Avengers trailer has 42M.

I'm comparing the father franchise to the spin off. Only compare a like with a like, not an apple with an orange. Compare Inside Out with Brave (last original Pixar movie). 16.6m views with two weeks left to 15.4m views for Brave. Even if it only gets to 17m views that'd be an 11% increase on Brave. Plug that into the gross and you get Inside Out doing 73m OW. All it needs is a 4 multiplier to hit 290m, which funny enough is exactly where I have it at.

I seem to remember something different with The Avengers, but I can't find the trailer I was thinking of. Ah well.