K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

:lol: All jokes aside Jason Clarke would make a much better Quint than Gerard fuckin Butler. Way better fit, IMO. 

Butler is Irish is he not?  That's the only reason I mentioned him.

Essentially, MEG is going to be the JAWS remake, but to do this right, $$$$$ will have to be spent along with having confidence in the project itself and not some halfass job like the SyFy Channel does...

No amount of money is going to give them direction like Spielberg, music like Williams, or performances like Scheider, Shaw, and Dreyfuss all delivered with the first Jaws film.

• Like 6

Butler is Irish is he not?  That's the only reason I mentioned him.

I'm pretty sure he's Scottish. I just can't see him fitting that Quint persona, but like Tele said, why keep all the characters the same?

I'm pretty sure he's Scottish. I just can't see him fitting that Quint persona, but like Tele said, why keep all the characters the same?

I don't know, in my movie, they would be the same, because that's how I identify with them.  Your could be different.

Seth Rogen as Brody, Jonah Hill as Hooper, Danny McBride as Quint.

Jonah Hill wouldn't fit into the wet suit, the cage and probably not even the Orca.  

Jurassic WorldUpdate, 12:53PM: Jurassic World is currently estimating a $65M Friday, that’s inclusive of last night’s $18.5M ticket sales. If that number sticks into tonight, it will be the second best June opening day behind June 30, 2010’s The Twilight Saga: Eclipse which minted $68.5M. This puts the Universal release on track for a $155M three-day bow, not only bigger than expected, but it will rank as the highest opening for the month,

http://deadline.com/2015/06/jurassic-world-weekend-box-office-spy-entourage-insidious-chapter-3-1201441812/

Edited by abra
  • Like 2

Jurassic WorldUpdate, 12:53PM: Jurassic World is currently estimating a $65M Friday, that’s inclusive of last night’s $18.5M ticket sales. If that number sticks into tonight, it will be the second best June opening day behind June 30, 2010’s The Twilight Saga: Eclipse which minted $68.5M. This puts the Universal release on track for a $155M three-day bow, not only bigger than expected, but it will rank as the highest opening for the month,

:excited:!!!!!! Thanks for the update!!!

http://deadline.com/2015/06/jurassic-world-weekend-box-office-spy-entourage-insidious-chapter-3-1201441812/

I expect that number to go up slightly... Deadline tends to be below the actual number. Would love to see $70-72 million just to see Eclipse's record go down.