K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

just got back, movie is amazing, theater is a mess. There are currently 14% of the seats left for the 11PM 2D showing. All 9 showing between now and then are sold out. holy fuck. Manager has never seen anything like it. 

Oh my.

I don't want to get excited, but what's the chance of this having a minimal Saturday drop WITH Thursday previews added to Friday day?

just got back, movie is amazing, theater is a mess. There are currently 14% of the seats left for the 11PM 2D showing. All 9 showing between now and then are sold out. holy fuck. Manager has never seen anything like it.

Wow! I better go ahead and go get tickets for my 815.

Ooh, that'd be sweet because Keanu still needs a mainstream comeback

The main issue would obviously be salaries. Reeves and Bullock would both probably demand 15-20M for it. Even if they do, it may be worth it to pay both of them provided the script is as good as early rumors suggested. I can see it be a big hit, especially if they ignore Speed 2 similar to what Jurassic World did.

Ooh, that'd be sweet because Keanu still needs a mainstream comeback

I know we're speaking of different things here, but Keanu really doesn't need anything.  He's gone on the record as saying that he's made more money than he would need for 50 lifetimes.  I think he makes the movies he wants to make now.  He doesn't need a studio hit, he just needs to be happy with what he's doing.  My bet is, however, that if the Wachowski's asked him to do a 4th Matrix, he would.  

Just to add some perspective, Pratt starred in a Marvel movie and a movie franchise that at one time was as popular as they come.  Not taking anything away from him because he has Rock like charisma, no denying that.

Imagine a Rock/Pratt team-up action-comedy. That'd be sweet.

Or we could have Male Ghostbusters with Tatum, Pratt, Mackie, and the Rock.

• Like 1

I'm really feeling the Saturday number is going to blow up these boards.

Rth's inevitable update later on could be historic.

If it hits 70 million.....

273969765_6f81580ef0.jpg

So far this summer, only 2 movies have actually performed below pre-release expectations, the summer report card to date:

- Age of Ultron: Underperformed expectations domestically

- Hot Pursuit: did probably as well as it could

- Pitch Perfect 2: Overperformed

- Fury Road: Overperformed

- Tomorrowland: The only bomb so far this summer

- San Andreas: Overperformed

- Spy, Insidious and Entourage: Pretty much in line with expectations though Spy could have opened to more

- Jurassic World: Who saw this coming?

I'm quite amazed at how people yell for Jaws 5 here after JWs success.

I mean, what do those movies have in common?

Jaws scared the shit out of the audience back in 75, this was definetely not the selling point of JP, which was just a much lighter fun ride adventure.

I don't think Jaws 5 would work in todays societey. It still works as classic, but as a modern movie? Not convinced. Not at all.

Edited by Poseidon
  • Like 1

Can't see anyone else doing Indy other than Pratt.

Pine or Cooper could be interesting in the role. I like Pratt but I don't know... I could also see Gyllenhaal or Urban in the role, but they have no shot lol.

• Like 1

I think the movie gods were smiling on me today.  This is the first day off work for me in about ten days.  I left my phone on silent last night so I didn't hear the fall for overtime this morning.  Subsequently this is the most time in one 24 hour period I have spent on the forums in about a year.  It's been such an awesome day, hanging out with you fine people on this grand site discussing opening weekend records that could come.

Love you guys...even the assholes.  :)

• Like 5

I know we're speaking of different things here, but Keanu really doesn't need anything.  He's gone on the record as saying that he's made more money than he would need for 50 lifetimes.  I think he makes the movies he wants to make now.  He doesn't need a studio hit, he just needs to be happy with what he's doing.  My bet is, however, that if the Wachowski's asked him to do a 4th Matrix, he would.  

There was a 2nd and 3rd Matrix movie? I don't remember it.

britney-confused-gif.gif

• Like 1