K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

not true. It made 200 mil in a far smaller market in japan. The market is 300 plus percent bigger now. 450-550m is in the cards for japan as well

What the fuck are you talking about? It has not grown at all. If anything it has deteriorated, at least for non-disney-princess hollywood movies. It will definitely drop their just like in every single other market that wouldn't have grown by atleast 25%.

Edited by Infernus

not true. It made 200 mil in a far smaller market in japan. The market is 300 plus percent bigger now. 450-550m is in the cards for japan as well

Jap market is as big now as it was in 2009 or even in 2000 so wtf? It would be great for avatar2 to take 250M in Japan and that optimistic.

so if JW wins the record its cause they had a few extra hours over Avengers  :D

And JW opened in about 70 theaters less.  :)

I'm talking about excitement and awareness in real life, with real people. As I just said in the post above, I wasn't sure if the hype was the same in the US.

Here in England, Universal has been pushing one of the best marketing campaigns I've ever seen. Much more talk, more ads, better awareness than I've seen for virtually anything pre-opening.

E.g. do you have anything like this in New York subway stations? -

476338076-jurassic-world-waterloo-take-o

I saw the typical marketing.

I'd say offline hype is harder to measure than online hype.