K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Kind of surprised the estimate isn't over TA1. If this had been a Paramount flick, that would've been a 100% done deal. Probably the same with actuals, too, whether it actually happened or not.

• Like 1

It's going way over 21 on Monday. I think way over TDK's 24.5 record as well.

ye i think it too, but there isn't a single movie in recent memory that we can compare it:| so i used kinda of TA drops, which is may and the weekdays aren't like june.

edit: i think it's even possible to get the 400m in 10 days! or it will be a close call.

Edited by Mike Wazowski

It's going way over 21 on Monday. I think way over TDK's 24.5 record as well.

How is 24.5m the record? You mean non holiday? SM had a 27.6m first Monday

ye i think it too, but there isn't a single movie in recent memory that we can compare it:| so i used kinda of TA drops, which is may and the weekdays aren't like june

So that's the absolute worst case and not likely at all given the school situation. When you're locked for 21+ on a Monday...you've got it made. This movie is just doing stupid big business, lol.

I really don't know how to describe this to you guys.

This is a very religious town. We don't sell out shows on Sunday morning. ESPECIALLY the very first show in our 2nd largest theater.

We've sold out every 2D show so far today. Both big houses and everything in between. Demand is so high now that our 3D show in the theater with NO A/C in June sold out.

If this pace keeps up, we will like hit another 6,000 people today, maybe even 7,000.

God created dinosaurs, so people are showing there respect to God's beautiful creations.
  • Like 4

A second 200m opener regardless of if it gets the record or not is just mind boggling. Amazing. 

It's mindblowing to me just because Avengers did it with five movies of build-up and hype. Jurassic World just came out of nowhere and totally owned.

• Like 1

So that's the absolute worst case and not likely at all given the school situation. When you're locked for 21+ on a Monday...you've got it made. This movie is just doing stupid big business, lol.

well i did  check that a lot of movies drop 60%-65% from sunday to monday in june pixar movies being the exception, even madagascar 3 droped 63% in its first monday..

but like most here i want huge numbers!!

Edited by Mike Wazowski

God created dinosaurs, so people are showing there respect to God's beautiful creations.

God must have created dinosaurs about 6 thousand years ago, but then also forgot to mention them :D. So do very religous Christian's who believe the Creation story, believe in dinos?

Edited by MonstersandRoy

Also all this talk of huge waiting lines makes me glad I saw my Thursday showing. 50% full tops.

I saw this at 11:00 AM on Friday in town called Poway, CA. It was a pretty small theater. My mom and I got there a half hour before and it almost sold out. The movie sold out like 10 minutes later.
  • Like 1