K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Adjusted E.T is bigger than titanic and the multipier of Titanic was 'only' 21 while E.T. had a multipier of 30.3... Don't seem how Titanic is bigger.

E.T. had two re-release:

Lifetime Gross: $435,110,554

Date Title (click to view) Gross
06/11/1982 E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial $359,197,037
07/19/1985 E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (Re-issue) $40,607,502
03/22/2002 E.T. (20th Anniversary) $35,306,015

In JP the deaths are mostly earned.  People you want to die end up dying.  In JW you have more random deaths.

Well, half of the people in JP we wanted to see die got theirs, Gennaro and Nedry. Arnold and Muldoon were good guys who still got eaten.  The main "baddie" in JW

gets eaten, too, so it follows that general horror movie pattern.

Edited by BlanketMan
  • Like 1

Good to see a sister who loves BO :D. Heh heh.. How long have you been done gone loco tracking films like the rest of us. :)

Im black american, mixed with scottish irish jamaican, some spanish and indian.. Whew :).Queen cant tell who you are tho lol.

Hah hah are you on the left or right. I Have to put my picture as my avatar sometime :D.

I've always been obsessed with tracking films, but didn't get really into it until 2005-06. Too bad I didn't know about BOM forum until it was too late. And I found out about this one by luck. 

Et was re-released over 6 times there is no comparison. Not to mention Titanic face the bootlegging age much more competition.

And are you kidding. 1.8B WW... ET with all its releases cant even smell those numbers. ETs first run was impressive. 200+M.

But there was no bootlegging or internet then. So Titanic making its 600M from 30M OW is far more impressive. Titanic just recently got re-released. ET has has had many.. Add in the adjusted gross of ET is from 6-8 re-releases if not more.

Titanic conquers big time sir :)

I just checked it E.T. original run with out rerelease was 360M and thus for had a 30 Multipier. So how do you get the 200M?

Been following BO since the 80s, and this is probably the most truly surprising opening I can ever recall.  I predicted that SM would break $100-mil OW and Avengers would crack $200 mil, so neither of those was a real shock to me.  I just had no idea that Jurassic Park was still this big among the movie-going public - I mistakenly thought that JP3 and a 14-year absence from theaters had kinda killed the franchise. The trailers were good but not great - that extended scene with Owen and Claire was awful, though - so I figured it could crack $100-mil OW. Yeah, I was a little off!

I'm not big on whether a film "deserves" its box office or not - if it earns X amount, than that's what it deserves, is how I look at it - so even though I enjoyed the first Avengers a lot more, JW was a fun time at the movies and I'm happy for Chris Pratt.  Will be interesting to see if it can touch Avengers' 2nd-weekend record - certainly seems possible, if not downright likely.

Lordman: you really sound like u have an agenda. Youve been bad mouthing JW since Thursday. Who gives a crap about admissions or daily records. Its going to set the all time OW record and youre trying to find ways to shit on it. Whats your deal?

• Like 3

Who gives a toss about the Sunday record when you just took the whole weekend?

But...are you not aware that The Avengers still hold the record for the sunday gross between 6 and 7 pm when looking only at tickets sold to 16 year olds ? :ph34r:

Edited by Cynosure
  • Like 4

Congrats again to Jurassic World for the new OW record.  I may actually see it a third time at some point :)

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1

But...are you not aware that The Avengers still hold the record for the sunday gross between 6 and 7 pm based on tickets sold to 16 year olds ? :ph34r:

you forgot, by the light of the full blue moon  ;)

• Like 1

Lordman: you really sound like u have an agenda. Youve been bad mouthing JW since Thursday. Who gives a crap about admissions or daily records. Its going to set the all time OW record and youre trying to find ways to shit on it. Whats your deal?

It's all about this:

giphy.gif

#stantodeath