K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

There are still Inside Out, Minions, Ted 2, Ant Man, Fantastic 4, Everest, Mockingjay 2, Good Dino, Martian, The Visit, Spectre and...Episode 7

Lol at mentioning The Visit, that is not gonna make 30M in total :lol: Edited by CJohn

I dunno, man, to each his own, but there's a big difference between 70 and 20. If I really care that much about a few extra bucks, I can scrimp elsewhere if I need to. Of course, I don't get a chance to go to theaters as much as I'd like anymore.

Its not cost I cant afford.

I can afford it now more then ever , it just dont feel dropping 70 dollars on a game or 20 on a movie these days when there are alternatives. 

I legitimately can't see Skyfall being beaten in the next 10 years.

I dunno, if James Cameron makes an original epic after he's done with Avatar sequels, then Skyfall could be outgrossed. 10 years is a fair bit of inflation though, so it'll get easier with each passing year.

Edited by Treeth Simanton

Heck, I'll happily pay $20 for a movie, especially if it means (almost always) not dealing with any crap. Do they have 21+ only shows in Toronto?

$15 IMAX 3D here. 13.00 for others

Btw! 

I hear no MAD MAX in China

sadly it will not break even

but hey, I got Jurassic World to be excited about

really stoked, more stoked had Max got to 375 to 400 million

sadly, it will settle for 340 WW, still good though

Edited by Mitch

Yes when you're in there with adults but when you're surrounded with kids its a fucking nightmare. I think the next time I go to a movie which might appeal to kids I'll buy the seats next to me if its reserved. I had half the movie ruined for me by this kid that wouldn't stop screaming, walking around the row and being genuinely obnoxious. Her mom just did not care.

I swear, I never get these problems at Regal Hacienda Crossings 20. Dublin, California must be well above the national average of well-behaved-ness. (Or maybe I'm just lucky and pick showtimes without screaming kids?)

I dunno, if James Cameron makes an original epic after he's done with Avatar sequels, then Skyfall could be outgrossed. 10 years is a fair bit of inflation though, so it'll get easier with each passing year.

Cameron will take his time :lol:

the avatar sequels are not gonna be done within ten years lol

Edited by water
  • Like 2

Absolutely unreal that estimates continue to go up.

If that Saturday number holds, then the OW record gets taken away from The Avengers, and then the sky is literally the limit with this.

That would be an absolutely mind-boggling, astronomical Saturday number after a gigantic Friday number.

To think that this has not only taken away the thunder from Age of Ultron, but that it may steal some historic thunder from Avengers 1, that is just the biggest irony for the Marvel/Disney machine.

Go Universal! I almost feel as if I'm back in the 1980s and 1990s, when Universal as a studio was an absolute juggernaut.

Edited by Gonk
  • Like 1