K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

For all the lurkers reading, seriously register. You'll have tons of fun.

You will have to pledge your fealty to our one true god rth.

I lurked here daily ever since BOM was kill during Memorial Day weekend.  Now I'm onboard for good.

Where do I burn my sacrifice?

• Like 1

Because I was 100% locked into the film. I don't get how you can stop and talk to someone if your engaged in the experience.

Sharing an experience with friends is part of it as well. Films are not only a individualistic pass time, it is a group activity as well. 

Look I think you misunderstand, I am not saying its fine to talk through a movie. However saying a few lines to your friend at some scenes that  perhaps enhance the experience is annoying to film purists on here, but I am paying 17.50, fuck it. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Dude, I'm almost 49 years old.. It's box office.. Who cares???

lol...exactly...you're 49 years old, have 17k posts, talk non stop about TA and box office...so you, obviously you care lol. It's strange you can't admit that here of all places.

• Like 1

so 500m is locked right? Also with huge overseas numbers, beating FF7 worldwide now seems like a certainty.

I'd say 600m is just about locked. Minimum 1.6x 10-day multiplier due to summer weekdays, and the 10-day will be above Avengers' 373m.

Pirates 2 multi gives it 655M. June is slightly weaker though.

Edited by cory

I lurked here daily ever since BOM was kill during Memorial Day weekend.  Now I'm onboard for good.

Where do I burn my sacrifice?

Welcome! BOM actually died completely last year, the weekend that Dracula Untold came out. Were you here for that?

Sharing an experience with friends is part of it as well. Films are not only a individualistic pass time, it is a group activity as well. 

Look I think you misunderstand, I am not saying its fine to talk through a movie. However saying a few lines to your friend at some scenes that  perhaps enhance the experience is annoying to film purists on here, but I am paying 17.50, fuck it.

And others are paying 17.50 to not hear you talk

• Like 1

BEST THINGS ABOUT THIS BOARD

YOU CAN EXPRESS YOUR HAPPINESS AND DISGUST ABOUT A FILM.

NO MATTER HOW BAD OTHERS THINK A FILM IS THAT YOU LIKED, THERE IS SOMEONE ON THIS BOARD

THAT LOVED IT AS MUCH AS YOU DO.

ALL THE STUFF YOU TALK TO YOURSELF ABOUT AFTER YOU SEE A FILM YOU CAN TELL PEOPLE HERE.

WHEN YOU SEE  A FILM WITH YOUR WIFE AND SHE DOES NOT WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT AFTER, YOU CAN COME HERE TO DO SO.

YOU GET TO SEE THE BOX OFFICE NUMBERS ESTIMATED AROUND THE WORLD BEFORE OTHER FRIENDS OF YOURS.

YOU CAN DONATE TO THE BOARD OR NOT, NO ONE BOTHERS YOU EITHER WAY. (ALTHOUGH IT'S COOL TO DONATE)

IF YOU CAN'T TYPE NO ONE CARES....

I COULD GO ON AND ON

BUT THE FORUMS ROCK.......

JOIN US!!!!

And you can barely speak english and users understand you and support you anyway. I really like this forum. It's great :)

• Like 2

Um, yeah it's a group activity insofar as you can discuss it afterwards with your friends.

"I am paying 17.50, fuck it" - can you even hear yourself? Does it occur to you that maybe everyone else has paid 17.50 too, and they didn't pay that to hear you give your commentary on the movie?

• Like 1

Talking during a blockbuster is fair game. It's not like there are any quiet scenes that you need to hear.

It depends, if you're giving a quick comment to your friend about something cool fine. But obnoxious yelling, talking over the movie, carrying on forever, etc. is still annoying. Just because it's a blockbuster doesn't mean I don't want to pay attention. Also don't be the guy that says everything that pops into your head out loud, keep it minimal and to the side to your buddy.

Laughing or immediate vocal reactions are fine. I'm fine with clapping too as long as it isn't done obnoxiously and out of place.

I can be very loud when watching tv and movies by myself, but even when I'm with just a few friends at home I keep a lot of my comments to myself unless its something we've all seen and don't care to talk through. Like I'll watch new game of thrones episodes with friends and by myself, I scream at the screen when I'm with myself, when I'm with friends I'm more subdued and only catch myself getting vocally into it a few times. At the theater I'm pretty quiet unless its a quiet comment to my friend about something.

• Like 2