K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

JP is over $1 billion.

Not if you don't count the 3D re-release.

It's crazy: In 1993, Universal had the two biggest WW films of all time. Then it took 15 years for them to get another $600M WW grosser (Mamma Mia), another 5 to get a third film over $700M (Furious 6) and a second over $900M (Despicable Me 2), and two more years to get a $1B.

And if you count the 3D re-release of JP, it took 22 years for Universal to release a new film that broke its WW gross record.

Edited by TServo2049

people are sheep for paying to watch a movie and... watching the movie. ok

tumblr_nm5r2xCj5a1ur8hggo2_400.gif

Yes you cannot express audible expressions unless the group you watch it with does as well according to people on here. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

LOL What? It has ONE animatronic in ONE scene, rest is 100% CGI.

It has several instances of animatronics, with several different dinosaurs. The animatronic instances are clear in the film, and they look terrific. I'm not sure what you are talking about, tbh.

Unless its a midnight show filled with fan boys or a horror/comedy film then you really shouldn't be talking alot or making dumb jokes.

It depends, if you're giving a quick comment to your friend about something cool fine. But obnoxious yelling, talking over the movie, carrying on forever, etc. is still annoying. Just because it's a blockbuster doesn't mean I don't want to pay attention. Also don't be the guy that says everything that pops into your head out loud, keep it minimal and to the side to your buddy.

Laughing or immediate vocal reactions are fine. I'm fine with clapping too as long as it isn't done obnoxiously and out of place.

I can be very loud when watching tv and movies by myself, but even when I'm with just a few friends at home I keep a lot of my comments to myself unless its something we've all seen and don't care to talk through. Like I'll watch new game of thrones episodes with friends and by myself, I scream at the screen when I'm with myself, when I'm with friends I'm more subdued and only catch myself getting vocally into it a few times. At the theater I'm pretty quiet unless its a quiet comment to my friend about something.

I'm all out of likes but your post hits it on the nail. Joke to your friend but if I can hear you 1 row back you're doing it wrong. Just think about how loud those sound systems are and I can hear you.

I liked JW as a fan of the saga, but CGI was too obvious and shinny in a lot of scenes. Compare the raptors in JW with the JP 3 raptors. I definitely prefer animatronics mixed with CGI. Raptors in JW are cool, but you they look somewhat fake.