K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

I swear I saw leaked pictures of an animatronic T-Rex head or something. Was that just built but not used?

Stan Winston Studios (now Legacy Effect) sometimes build a full scale detailed sculpture and it is later scanned by ILM to do the CGI.

Can you name a scene that used animatronics other than the one he named?

All of the scenes with the raptor heads were clearly animatronic. There were several slower scenes with Indominus that were animatronic. And then there's the brachiosaurus scene. There were probably some that I missed, I can't remember the whole movie you know.

Well until Terminator Geneysis

Audiences keep on giving studios a reason to make sequels/reboots. They already showed up for Mad Max and now are going crazy over Jurassic World. People are kidding themselves if they don't believe people will be showing up for Terminator Genisys over 4th of July weekend as well.

• Like 1

My mother is in the hospital and it's box office dude.. Record fall.. Unless you have something emotionally invested in this, I don't give a shit.. Andsomething will come along a few years from and topple this record.. Don't be a stooge..

Well I hope your mom is ok, but don't act like you're above all this all of sudden after tens of thousands of posts about box office and TA and beating movies, etc, etc.

You know a weekend number is crazy when it outperforms water's crazy Kal-El range that was compensating for a stubborn refusal to accept that JW wasn't going to have a 2 multiplier for the weekend off a 70 OD.

• Like 2

All of the scenes with the raptor heads were clearly animatronic. There were several slower scenes with Indominus that were animatronic. And then there's the brachiosaurus scene. There were probably some that I missed, I can't remember the whole movie you know.

The raptor heads were all (flawless) CGI. The dying dino was the only animatronic. Someone posted a link in the JW thread confirming it too.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don't understand why anyone would not book their tickets online, especially for a big movie opening weekend. These people complaining about the lines are braindead.

• Like 1

Audiences keep on giving studios a reason to make sequels/reboots. They already showed up for Mad Max and now are going crazy over Jurassic World. People are kidding themselves if they don't believe people will be showing up for Terminator Genisys over 4th of July weekend as well.

Is there an alarm in your head that goes off every time someone says Terminator? :P

Hmm let me try something.

Harry Potter

Marvel

Nolan

• Like 1