K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Universal's factoring the NBA Finals. I don't think they're paying much attention to Thrones. Combined... About 30M viewers.

I think this too. People here like to think the tv shows they stan for effect box office when they pretty much always don't.

• Like 1

As baumer is repeatedly saying, there is little reason to doubt this film bringing in a monster number on Sunday when the actuals arrive.

Whilst I wish Universal could have waited a few more hours before declaring their estimate, I totally respect that they've been conservative just incase the actuals leave them with egg on their face.

Yet these are the facts.....

It's had the biggest pure Friday and biggest Saturday of all time. Why won't it post the biggest Sunday ever? And it doesn't even need to to take the Sunday record to do it.

The film hasn't shown one single sign of slowing down, and I fully expect the record to be smashed tomorrow.

And it did this despite a screencount that was likely nowhere near something like Age of Ultron which was expected to break the record. It caught everyone off-guard just like TA1 and thus there were a fuckload of sellouts and ridiculously long lines that scared people away over the last couple days.

Spillover is going to happen. Just a question of how much given the NBA game tonight. Good spillover even happened for Spider-Man 3 and that film had shit WOM. JP4 has excellent WOM and the ending is just as satisfying as Avengers or any other big movie in recent memory.

• Like 2

Baumer said 20%, stop putting words in his mouth.

No, we're good.  I said I think it will drop 15%.  I only said it needs to drop less than 20% to get the record.  So anything under 20%, I win, anything 25% and over he wins, anything in between is a push.

• Like 2