K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

The year of opening weekends: Jan, Feb, April, June so far. December is as big of a guarantee as you can get and November seems very likely to me. September is a maybe.

Hotel Transylvania 2? Heh, I don't know.

After seeing the movie, I'm still not completely sure where they would go with a sequel.

Yeah I know ole boy wanted to use them in the military, but hes dead now. And what would BD Wong do with them?

After the events of JW, why would the military authorize dinos to be used? Unless someone just releases dinos on the human populous, I don't see where theyd go.

But I said the same thing after Fast 4, 5, 6, and 7, I had no idea whered they go with it, so I'm sure Uni is cooking up something.

My biggest issue is that it's going to be too similar to the next Apes movie and they might open the same year

I still dont understand why people stand in line to enter theaters? 

Never happened here even during epic openers. The inside of theater is filled with people waiting with tickets bought for next showing.

I really don't know how to describe this to you guys.

This is a very religious town. We don't sell out shows on Sunday morning. ESPECIALLY the very first show in our 2nd largest theater.

We've sold out every 2D show so far today. Both big houses and everything in between. Demand is so high now that our 3D show in the theater with NO A/C in June sold out.

If this pace keeps up, we will like hit another 6,000 people today, maybe even 7,000.

I know your theater isn't always the best to judge the rest of the country, but this is massive.  With this kind of attendance the record is going to be beaten comfortably.

Thanks for the update.

Never happened here even during epic openers. The inside of theater is filled with people waiting with tickets bought for next showing.

There were a bunch of people standing in line waiting to enter the theater since the other one was emptying. By the the line entered 85% of the seats had been filled.

There must have been significant spillover  for other movies, the drops on some of the holdovers actually look pretty good.

Spy only dropped 45% even with losing 536 screens, PP2 dropped a mere 20.8% while losing 726 screens.

Insidious was the only real big crash in the top 10, even SA with -57% isn't too bad considering the behemoth opening of JW

• Community Manager

I know. Good thing I went mid-afternoon Friday, my theater wasn't even full.

If it wasn't for the weak March, subpar April and May, a good number of bombs (4 in January alone), 2015 would be destroying every other year, and I mean destroying. But thanks to JW.

2015 - $4.842.4

2014 - $4.664.9

2013 - $4.531.8

2012 - $4.798.5

2011 - $4.536.9

2010 - $4.703.5

There's nothing generic about F7 and JW, they might be a lot of things, generic is not one of them.

I mean, considering Universal made two out of the four best blockbusters this year, I'd definitely agree. Especially when the two non-Universal ones barely qualify as blockbusters...