K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Word of mouth is great judging by my showing. Have to say that was ridiculously silly for me and didn't work. Maybe a C+ if I'm generous thanks to an over the top climax.

• Like 2

JW would have probably done 12-15 if it had a midnight release. So JW will need about 213m to completely cast away any doubts of whether it would break the record with out the five extra hours. Hopefully the upper end of rth's Sunday estimate is right...

Ok and TA had a larger release and higher 3D share. Opening weekends are opening weekends and this one is taking the crown regardless. Every weekend has benefits and disadvantages whether there are sporting events, weather issues, competition, or a ton of other issues. But again, opening weekends are opening weekends and this movie just absolutely murdered all expectation and has more then justifiably taken the OW crown.

• Like 1

This is BO forum and you have bo data for 3 days and have other factors to extrapolate. If you are still hesitant you are in the wrong place.

Umm wow. I think it's getting a 3x but that could change quickly, which is my point.

Let's at least see where this is after Thursday before predicting legs lol.

This isn't Transformers 2 IMHO which fell off the map after a mega 5-day opening. This appeals to a much broader audience IMHO. Everyone loves dinosaurs, not everyone cares about Transformers.

And even the people who like Transformers don't all necessarily like Michael Bay's version of it. I was one of those old school Transformers kids who felt burned by the first Bay movie and no way I would show up for the sequel. JP does not have this problem.

• Like 1

Guys, the general media (Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, Forbes, etc) don't have independent box-office analysts running their own numbers. They only report what the studio officially reports. So all the evening news will be reporting a 205m number even if actuals surpass it.

Rth posting here means we're at the tip of the spear when it comes to box-office data.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 6

Word of mouth is great judging by my showing. Have to say that was ridiculously silly for me and didn't work. Maybe a C+ if I'm generous thanks to an over the top climax.

The over the top climax was the only thing that worked for me.  Everything else was too boring.

• Like 1