K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Hi. 

Long time follower and reader

I love box office forums.

You get opinions so hard that people protect them like their children

Fanboys will not be moved from their love of that certain genre

When a movie opens over 50-60% OVER its estimate, you take your hat off to it no matter what

If it beats the record, please all Avengers fanboys, congratulate it.

Although the US opening used to be the biggest thing for a new movie, to the industry it is now secondary.

Furious 7 amassed $350m in the US. A staggering amount for it's genre. But it took £390m in China! $1.1bn overseas in total.

In fact if you look at the worldwide figures, the top movies have high 60%'s / early 70%'s overseas.

It used to be 50/50 or in favour of the US market. Not any more.

Whoever was comparing ET to Titanic's box office needs to compare apples with apples

You can't compare two movies box office 15 years apart. The industry had changed so much in that time.

Welcome to the forums!

If I wasn't so damn tired from working all night and the laundry I have to do, I'd go see this this afternoon.. Doesn't look like that's going to happen til next weekend..

Just make sure you see it on the biggest screen possible. I guarantee you will love it, especially the Mososaurus.

• Like 1

Canada was simply not as interested in a pale echo of a 90s classic.

JW looks mediocre as hell, why peeps be flocking to watch such is beyond me, but whatevs.

Wow, JW disappointed here. It got the only the 8th highest OW of the year :lol: It made less than 1/3 of FF7, less than 1/2 of 50 Shades, and it also opened lower than Jupiter Ascending, Taken 3, Mad Max, Age of Ultron and Seventh Son. Its OW is also way lower than Godzilla last year, both in USD and admissions. And I thought this would be one of the frontrunners for the year...

• Like 1

There's a theatre located in Chesterfield MO. about 30 minutes from me called The GALAXY 14 CINE that has a 4000Sq foot screen... I should see it on that... I'd love to see this in IMAX, but fuck 3D.. Fuck that shit..

I saw it in 2D RPX, which is Regal's version of IMAX. Definitely kicks a lot of ass on a big 2D screen. Go for the 4,000 footer in 2D when you get a chance.

Wow, JW disappointed here. It got the only the 8th highest OW of the year :lol: It made less than 1/3 of FF7, less than 1/2 of 50 Shades, and it also opened lower than Jupiter Ascending, Taken 3, Mad Max, Age of Ultron and Seventh Son. Its OW is also way lower than Godzilla last year, both in USD and admissions. And I thought this would be one of the frontrunners for the year...

No problem. It's gonna be the biggest movie of the year in most other territories, so there's that. :D

• Like 1

Where is here exactly?

Canada was simply not as interested in a pale echo of a 90s classic.

JW looks mediocre as hell, why peeps be flocking to watch such is beyond me, but whatevs.

Wow, BJ not enamored by a new box office record, instead i'm sensing displeasure?! Hmm....