K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

How about Terminator Salvation back in 2009 I believe.  I guess 125 was a big benchmark for it. lol

Poor Baumer.

I dont think that was a fudge(no point there). Just that it benefited from double shows at drive ins. All movies get that benefit. PP2's/F7's numbers this weekend also show the same.

I don't think there is a fudge as I see 210 for jw.

However hypothetical think about if a movie is just near identical to OW record ..I think many studios would be sneaky about that.

I think if a studio beat a movie for a record by a few thousand bucks or so, it would fudge so it looked like it didn't fudge.

Wrong. GOT is nowhere near what the Sopranos was. The biggest episode of the Sopranos got 13.4 million.

Wrong. Game of Thrones is their highest rated series, with a season average of 18.4 million viewers for season four.

I dont think that was a fudge(no point there). Just that it benefited from double shows at drive ins. All movies get that benefit. PP2's/F7's numbers this weekend also show the same.

But I think that still counts as part of fudging. Hollywood knows all the tricks in the accounting book.

What would be really funny is, if Paramount was actually as incompetent in counting numbers, as they made themselves look  with those revised numbers for TF2 and it actually wasn't a fudge at all.

Edited by Poseidon

I don't think there is a fudge as I see 210 for jw.

However hypothetical think about if a movie is just near identical to OW record ..I think many studios would be sneaky about that.

Even when the numbers would still match up with rth? Some time it's just close.

Wrong. Game of Thrones is their highest rated series, with a season average of 18.4 million viewers for season four.

Those are not the first viewing TV figures.

TV by the numbers reports the official Nielsen figures for all TV each day and week. GOT has never gotten anywhere near 18 million viewers. That is TWD territory.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/06/09/cable-top-25-nba-playoffs-top-cable-viewership-for-the-week-ending-june-7-2015/413905/

Edited by PDC1987

True.  Malcom is much better.   ;)

I had to google Malcom to even know what you lot were talking about. Hiller was a far more entertaining character, hence why Smith got so successful shortly after

Speaking of GoT (spoiler obviously)

Who will be there at the end of the show? At the rate they're killing them, they'll run out of characters soon.

RIP Jon Snow, Shireen, Stanis etc etc etc.

Jon Snow

I live. I die. I live again.

I had to google Malcom to even know what you lot were talking about. Hiller was a far more entertaining character, hence why Smith got so successful shortly after

And that's your personal experience. Goldblum's Malcolm in JP is iconic. Down to memes and edited videos all over YouTube.

Those are not the first viewing TV figures.

TV by the numbers reports the official Nielsen figures for all TV each day and week. GOT has never gotten anywhere near 18 million viewers. That is TWD territory.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/06/09/cable-top-25-nba-playoffs-top-cable-viewership-for-the-week-ending-june-7-2015/413905/

18M weekly. Also, lets not discuss this here.  :)