K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

That JW has done incredibly well. Regarding SW, nothing really, those are different films with no particular connection.

This line of thinking is exactly what led people to overpredict AOU to compensate for FF7.

This.  If you must compare JW to a SW movie it would be TPM.  JW and TPM came out when those that saw JP and SW as kids now have kids of a similar age to when they saw those films.  The kids that watched TPM are just entering the age when most are starting to have kids. 

Well, I mean, I for one, am taking this with a grain of salt, because I've said this before. Anytime a big film is opening, there is a lot more room for error. That I'm not extra like y'all really. I won't go off on Rth for doing something he isn't required to do, but does so out of his heart.

• Like 1

JW Cinemascore: A

I'm at the point where I feel Cinemascore is pretty much worthless. I think that Rentrak data that said 73% are definitely recommending it to other people is a better indicator. Just wish we had that same information from Rentrak on a bunch of other big movies in the past.

• Like 4

I'm at the point where I feel Cinemascore is pretty much worthless. I think that Rentrak data that said 73% are definitely recommending it to other people is a better indicator. Just wish we had that same information from Rentrak on a bunch of other big movies in the past.

It is worthless, the fact it's still being quoted by entertainment media is a shame.

• Like 3

My mom loved and text my aunt to see this movie with my cousin this weekend.  I never see my mom do that. She already wants to see it for a second time. 

Edited by North Stars
  • Like 1