grim22

JURASSIC WORLD WEEKEND ACTUALS | TRIPLE RECORD!!!! (DOM - 208.8M; OS - 315.3M; WW - 524.1M). DOWN GOES AVENGERS.

PP2  somehow gained 300k from estimates on saturday. :thinking:

PP2 was in line with rth's numbers late Saturday, Universal's Saturday estimate was even $100,000 lower than rth's figure. It benefited from spillover, lots of young couples and girls that got sold out of JW saw it instead.

Edited by PDC1987

Any chance this takes down the Monday record? It would have to best TDK's Monday by $3M.

Yep, pretty decent chance. $57.2m Sunday with a bunch of sellouts, summer Monday with at least a good chunk of kids out of school, and a record NBA game last night that might have delayed some folks from seeing JP4 until today. $28m seems very much in play.

Disney wins no matter what. Record ratings for the NBA Finals on Disney-owned ABC. That company has so much money they have no idea what to do with it, lol.

not to mention no film this yr is safe thanks to sws red bird. Would be crazy if disney got back the ow in freaking dec, but unlikely. Still could hit enough though to challenge for the yr. What a year. 3 films over 1.3b ww
  • Like 1

Yes, from what I understand (not born until '87) Jedi was insane. The Fri-Sun portion of its Wed-Mon extended opening is still the highest per-theater admissions for a wide 3-day. It only opened in 1,000 theaters, but there were fewer theaters overall in the country, movies didn't generally open in 1,000 locations, and legs actually existed, so even though many, many people didn't see the movie that weekend, that was a huge opening for the time. I bet that every location in North America that was playing it on OW was playing practically to capacity all weekend.

I was very young when I went but I remember it.  We saw it OW.  Check out these lines from 1983:

rotj-sam-eric-1983.jpg

• Like 9