grim22

Monday #s: Jurassic World 25.34M | DOWN GOES TDK MONDAY

It didn't, that Monday obviously was the highest in terms of tickets sold on a non holiday Monday ever. Ever, JW didn't come close in that area.

A record is a record. TDK's Monday hold (43.8%) will still be looked at in the future when we have huge openers in the middle of summer because it gives you an idea of what's possible for the current movie. Same goes for TA1's incredible 18% drop on Sunday despite the fact everyone had to go back to school the next day.

• Like 1

Oh god, she was in SM3...

SM3

Terminator4

Twilight3

JW

She loves jumping in advanced franchises!

By the way, how can she not have a page on BOM when "Jake Johnson" has one?

Edited by Gideon

I actually really like Bryce Dallas Howard.

She was SO good at being a horrible bitch in The Help.

I thought she was great in Jurassic World.

Thankfully haven't seen Terminator Salvation or Spider-Man 3. Online reaction tells me I shouldn't.

Bryce Dallas Howard: first actress to be in 2 OW records from different franchises.

I thought that Keira Knightley was the first to be in two 5-day record breakers, but DMC didn't beat Sith. 

Man, ROTS was a beast especially considering it had to follow TPM and AOTC. It looks like it still has the 5-day record for admissions.

Edited by cory

TDK also had the benefit of being mid-July where weekday numbers are more inflated than in they are mid-June. Cuts both ways. Come on, now.

That said, JP1 dropped less than 40% in mid-June back in 1993. Given the much smaller supply (way smaller theater/screen count), imagine how fucking crazy the evening shows must have been for JP1's Monday. I bet it was a total madhouse.

Is it too much to ask for BOM to do a showdown between JW, TDK and TA?

BOM has almost not done a single logical showdown since Ray left post Avengers 2 OW. Their showdowns since then have been Pitch Perfect vs Pitch Perfect 2 instead of literally anything else, Tomorrowland vs Chappie instead of Tomorrowland vs Prince of Persia vs John Carter vs Lone Ranger which they already have for the other 3, The Rock's movies (which gives an error since it has more than 6 movies), and the only logical one they did Spy vs Tammy.

So basically, 

Willy-Wonka-You-Get-Nothing-560x420.jpg

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2

BOM has almost not done a single logical showdown since Ray left post Avengers 2 OW. Their showdowns since then have been Pitch Perfect vs Pitch Perfect 2 instead of literally anything else, Tomorrowland vs Chappie instead of Tomorrowland vs Prince of Persia vs John Carter vs Lone Ranger which they already have for the other 3, The Rock's movies (which gives an error since it has more than 6 movies), and the only logical one they did Spy vs Tammy.

So basically, 

Willy-Wonka-You-Get-Nothing-560x420.jpg

I can't wait for Inside Out vs The Rugrats Movie this weekend.
  • Like 4

Not gonna read this thread but I bet there's sooooooo much talk about ticket sales and adjusting and all that. I'm smiling just thinking about it

• Like 4

Omg! Dinomania is back. Maybe not on the level of the first one, but I'm so glad it is. The generation growing up with JP are having kids, and they can let their kids experience it, while having some great nostalgia of their own.

• Like 1

Our 3:30 pm 2D showing was about 2/3 full. I've never seen that lol. The crowd was least 50% over 50, I was kinda shocked.

The bad: A family of 5 sat right next to us and all were fine, except for the mom, i.e. one of the two adults. The bitch laughed like a fuckin' hyena throughout the entire film. An extra would simply walk in to frame and you would think someone had just leaned over and told her a joke. Nobody else in the theater was obnoxious or did this, only her.

The unfortunate: I ran in to check the sell out situation and bought our tickets hours in advance since we were already out, and when we walked right by the ticket counter on the way in I heard, "Three for Tomorrowland please."