grim22

Monday #s: Jurassic World 25.34M | DOWN GOES TDK MONDAY

Reading tweets gets you excited, but you should always take those with a grain of salt, because in the end it's anecdotal.

You could have tons of sold out reports representing a small percentage of theaters.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, I just don't want inflated expectations that lead to disappointment. Best to keep expectations in check and get blown away when they're shattered.

Clock these buffoons, sis.

• Like 1

guys there are many many many reports of sellout today nearly more than yesterday lol plus the cheap tuesday help the film can this shit  increase? is it possible?

If it even stays above $25M, it will be about as amazing as TDK's first Monday.

In other words, don't get your hopes up.

• Like 1

Read the first two books back in middle school (didn't care for 3-4 that much). The first two books are prime material for popcorn films.

Even if Eli Roth directs, this will likely be PG-13. Which is perfectly fine. The 80 foot shark is just gonna swallow a shit ton of people whole anyway.  :D

Edited by Yandereprime

Clock these buffoons, sis.

Buffoons? I know they're anecdotal, but when it's dozens and dozens of people every so many minutes and from all across the country tweeting it its at least a good sign. I told him not to get his hopes up.

Our 3:30 pm 2D showing was about 2/3 full. I've never seen that lol. The crowd was least 50% over 50, I was kinda shocked.

The bad: A family of 5 sat right next to us and all were fine, except for the mom, i.e. one of the two adults. The bitch laughed like a fuckin' hyena throughout the entire film. An extra would simply walk in to frame and you would think someone had just leaned over and told her a joke. Nobody else in the theater was obnoxious or did this, only her.

The unfortunate: I ran in to check the sell out situation and bought our tickets hours in advance since we were already out, and when we walked right by the ticket counter on the way in I heard, "Three for Tomorrowland please."

Why??  I'm 50 so when JP came out I was 29 & everybody I know went to see that movie - even my mother!!  Everybody keeps saying nostalgia for 90s kids but it is nostalgia for everyone who saw that movie back then & that represents all ages across the board!!

• Like 7

Why??  I'm 50 so when JP came out I was 29 & everybody I know went to see that movie - even my mother!!  Everybody keeps saying nostalgia for 90s kids but it is nostalgia for everyone who saw that movie back then & that represents all ages across the board!!

Mom is older than 50. She loved JW and loved JP when it came out. 

• Like 1

Oh I know, but still there's just a lot more people under 50 then there are over 50 and I personally had never seen that in a theater lol.

• Like 1

Anecdotal but I drove by the two theaters in my town and business looks pretty similar to last night, maybe slightly better. Would be nice to see it reach $23m today (-9%).

Canada is up from Yesterday but its cheap Tuesday. 

• Like 1

I'm just glad the strong WOM and massive box office results are just one giant middle finger to you.

Except that it's not.  If anything this just shows that people will lap up anything given to them as long as it looks and sounds like something they liked one time.

Bryce Dallas Howard kicked way more ass than Black Widow and Scarlet Witch combined in AoU. As if those two bitches had any moment even 1/10 as epic as Bryce has in the third act.

She was a woman that had one decent moment that came on the heels(ahem) of an entire movie of her being really dumb.

• Like 1