kayumanggi

MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS | 10 NOV 2017 | Fox

15 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Marketing costs for this film must have been insane. I can't remember the last non-sequel, non-SH movie that got so much promotion. Luckily it had a fairly low budget.

Coco ?

Was it specially (if you are talking somewhere like in the UK that could be true, but it did SH business in that market) but domestic, does not seem to have been special:

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/thor-ragnarok-tops-studios-tv-ad-spending-1202608687/

19 hours ago, Barnack said:

Coco ?

Was it specially (if you are talking somewhere like in the UK that could be true, but it did SH business in that market) but domestic, does not seem to have been special:

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/thor-ragnarok-tops-studios-tv-ad-spending-1202608687/

The UK is Agatha Christie Country so it's no surprise that it would do better there and I suspect Fox knew that, it wouldn't be the first time a British novel adaptation has done better in the UK than the US, Bridget Jones and The BFG comes to mind

24 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Just bought Death on the Nile.

I've read Orient Express, And Then There Were None and The Murder of Roger Ackroyd - any suggestions for what comes next? I can't check other forums because the last time I did that they spoiled the end of Roger Ackroyd.

ABC Murders is top notch.

I'm also a fond of The Mysterious Mr Quin, but I know that wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea.

Edited by Sand-omJC
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

I've read Orient Express, And Then There Were None and The Murder of Roger Ackroyd - any suggestions for what comes next? I can't check other forums because the last time I did that they spoiled the end of Roger Ackroyd.

Strongly recommend Peril At End House.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

They announced that the next will be Death on the Nile

22 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

Don't forget the Miss Marple series.

On 13/12/2017 at 7:29 PM, Sand-omJC said:

If you can, should find if anyone is doing a production of Mousetrap. It's a classic.

They can't do a film as the original play which is still running after 63 years had a contract with the producers that a film can only happen once it closes, we may be waiting a while.

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

They can't do a film as the original play which is still running after 63 years had a contract with the producers that a film can only happen once it closes, we may be waiting a while.

Oh, I didn't mean film production. I meant find someone doing a stage production.