kayumanggi

MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS | 10 NOV 2017 | Fox

I wonder if Fox would do a Miss Marple film, Having seen many adaptations of the novels like the Mirror Crack’d from Side to Side, she isn’t as interesting compared to Poirot, unless  they got someone like Helen Mirren or Julie Walters to play Miss Marple, Mirren probably is a bit too glamorous for the role but Julie Walters would fit the character well

14 hours ago, fmpro said:

From BOM

Internationally, after a strong start in the UK last weekend, Murder on the Orient Expressexpanded into 57 total markets this weekend where it grossed an estimated $45.7 million, pushing its overseas cume to $57.2 million. Among this weekend's new openers, China led the way with an estimated $19 million (4.5x bigger than The Great Gatsby), Russia brought in an estimated $5.7 million followed by Australia ($3m) and Mexico ($1.2m). Overall, Fox reports Orient Express is outpacing The Great Gatsby (+60%) and Gone Girl (+109%) in the same bucket of markets at current exchange rates.

7 hours ago, Fielding said:

GG ?

7 hours ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

Gone Girl.

7 hours ago, Fielding said:

Thanks. Next question: why the comparison with Gone Girl? 

7 hours ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

My best guess would be "adult-oriented mystery/thriller", but I agree, it's a bit of a reach.

Because BOM did

13 minutes ago, 75Live said:

In the theater for this now.  It starts in 30 minutes. Man I love this discount Tuesday.   $7 tickets so even if I get a soda, I'm only spending $12 :)

A simple Shay trick that always works: NEVER get a soda (at least at a theater). Now you're 5+ bucks richer. :)

1. It's so overpriced you'd better see another movie with the saved money.

2. It's very harmful.

Edited by shayhiri

This was a weird one. At times it was great. Fun, energetic and exciting. Other times it really dragged and struggled to keep the suspense high enough for me to give a shit.

I thought they really botched the ending. Really over the top and I ended up laughing for the majority of the final 20 minutes.

But that mustache.. mmm.

20 hours ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

Nice to see this doing well enough. I will eventually see it on Netflix. 

I know Agatha Christie wrote dozens of novels with Poirot, of which I've never read any but should correct, so they have lots of future possible source material to dig from. Orient Express and Death on Nile are the only two I know. I actually know more about Miss Marple(her female detective) due to the PBS series. 

Never given my thoughts on this movie. 

I thought it was competently made. I enjoyed the performances and the atmosphere. 

Glad it’s doing well BO-wise. 

I’m down for more in this universe.

• Like 3

Yup. Agatha Christie is a big name in the detective/mystery genre.

For all the Sherlock Holmes adaptations, I don’t know why they don’t see the potential in Poirot or Ms. Marple series, especially toward the adult audience.

4 minutes ago, Sam said:

Yup. Agatha Christie is a big name in the detective/mystery genre.

For all the Sherlock Holmes adaptations, I don’t know why they don’t see the potential in Poirot or Ms. Marple series, especially toward the adult audience.

And Then There Were None and even Death on the Nile to a lesser extent has way more potential among younger audience thsan this one.