abra

Wednesday Actuals: JW 19.9 [Not the PIXAR thread]

Saw this on twitter

Bush and Clinton are running for President, a Jurassic Park movie is #1 at the box office and a Terminator movie starring Schwarzenegger is releasing next month

ohrxxmp.jpg

Edited by grim22
  • Like 13

Saw this on twitter

Bush and Clinton are running for President, a Jurassic Park movie is #1 at the box office and a Terminator movie starring Schwarzenegger is releasing next month

ohrxxmp.jpg

huh, there was no Terminator movie released the same year as the original Jurassic Park. 

Saw this on twitter Bush and Clinton are running for President, a Jurassic Park movie is #1 at the box office and a Terminator movie starring Schwarzenegger is releasing next month
2015? Good to be back on 90's. I love that decade. Edited by samsha22
  • Like 1

So I assume you came in what, fourth place?

Ouch. Admittedly, she's an obsessive Furious fan and we often see movies together. So... It was kind of a tongue in cheek wager inspired by Kurt Russell handing Vin Diesel that bucket of Corona. I didn't really have an option. Though, I prefer it to Labatt.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

LOl JW made more on a Wednesday than TA1 on its first monday crazy america is crazy . they love dino more than iron man :D

pS: even first TDKR's monday xD

Edited by Bonenash

With Thursday's gross it will be very close to passing New Moon's total. And it should pass Deathly Hallows Part 1 with today's gross too. Is that insane or what? :lol:

Considering JP adjusts to 700m without 3D, I'd say this is where the JP series should have been performing. It's just crazy that it's doing this type of business 14 years after the relatively overlooked/ignored/forgotten JP3. One would have expected a Batman Begins type performance before the sequel broke out huge if JW was excellent. It seems people were simply wanting to see a Jurassic sequel truly up the ante, which apparently JP3 failed miserably at and TLW only succeeded at initially(Until meh WOM got around).  

so no flop? can't wait to see how someone will spin this into one!!

i resisted all week due to work early in the mornings but come tomorrow i'm going for a 1 maybe 2 ride on the jurrasic world tour woot woot!!!

Considering JP adjusts to 700m without 3D, I'd say this is where the JP series should have been performing. It's just crazy that it's doing this type of business 14 years after the relatively overlooked/ignored/forgotten JP3. One would have expected a Batman Begins type performance before the sequel broke out huge if JW was excellent. It seems people were simply wanting to see a Jurassic sequel truly up the ante, which apparently JP3 failed miserably at and TLW only succeeded at initially(Until meh WOM got around).  

Yeah, that is what is so amazing. It skipped the Batman Begins phase of the reboot process where you have to regain trust from the audience after some bad sequels. When it's all said and done it might sell 80% or more of the tickets JP1 did. That's crazy considering how massive the dropoff was from JP1 to JP2 to JP3, which managed only 37% of JP1's ticket total.

Went passed $400 million internationally yesterday according to Gitesh.

It's at $412 million, so $690 million worldwide. Will be way above $700 million going into the weekend.

HOLY FUCKING FUCK

• Like 11