#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

I seriously wonder if Disney is considering possibly scaling back Infinity War into one movie now. 

If not, and Ant Man underperforms, they need to really make sure Civil War is actually, y'know, good

Civil War is in a weird position. SvB getting a head start in march, plus X-men Apocalypse a couple weeks later that could kill the legs. 

Edited by babz06

The hyperbole on this board is insane sometimes. It still made 1.4 BILLION dollars. So what it didn't hit the originals? It still made them major bank. There will be separate movies. Even at 800m WW its profitable for them.

It's not about what's happening now, it's about what may come. This is the first sign of possible Marvel erosion, something that has yet to happen until now.

I seriously wonder if Disney is considering possibly scaling back Infinity War into one movie now. 

If not, and Ant Man underperforms, they need to really make sure Civil War is actually, y'know, good

People always come back to Marvel once the quality of their films is restored.

Remember when IM3 and Thor 2 got mixed reviews?

Then BAM! Winter Soldier and GotG break out the following year.

If Ant-Man fails to do 200M (something which I am not predicting btw) this forum will collapse. 

Really? I totally expected this in the 150-175m range from the start. Maybe even lower now.  Even the Thor sequel just barely got by that 200m mark.

Edited by Poseidon
  • Like 1

If Ant-Man fails to do 200M (something which I am not predicting btw) this forum will collapse. 

I mean, I'm fully expecting Ant-Man to do less than 200M and didn't know that wasn't the common consensus.  Why should this make more than 200M?  I feel like Thor numbers would actually be really good for it.

Holy shit, the local theaters are all slammed with people both seeing IO and JW.

Hoping IO hits 35m. Reports like these give me hope.

Edited by Mattrek Loves Del Toro

People always come back to Marvel once the quality of their films is restored.

Remember when IM3 and Thor 2 got mixed reviews?

Then BAM! Winter Soldier and GotG break out the following year.

Exactly. 

As long as Civil War is an actual good film, the crowds will flock back.

• Like 1