#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

As for Star Wars winning the year, it's entirely possible, but saying that it can "easily" do it when JW might just gross $700m is a bit pre-mature. Even to reach 600m it would had to sell considerably more tickets than ROTS and to beat Avatar it would need to match Phantom Menace pretty much. It's possible, but let's not pretend it's a certainty.

• Like 1

Why are people being so obtuse?

Because "hype" has enough subjectivity that they think they can worm their way into the absurd claim that AVTR was a smaller movie than JW.

Despite the subjectivity of "hype", their claim has still been explicitly debunked.

They just keep shifting the goalpost.  A few pages back, they were arguing that 'Alvin and the Chipmunks 2' was stiffer competition than IO.  Then they were arguing that AVTR had no "name recognition".  Now, they're arguing it had "no hype".  Every time they get debunked, they concoct a new bullshit theory to try and make the Fox tentpole blockbuster AVTR sound like a little indie movie.

James u suffer from so much hatred that you embarass yourself. with Jurassic world exploding why is it so hard to comprehend at Star Wars could do the same? You hate the French I so much that you let it cloud your judgement. Much to learn you still have. I'm obviously not saying Star Wars will easily when the year but it certainly has a legitimate shot. Even you have to be able to see that.

Yeah, I remember. FF7 made that so AoU has to make more. Is it so hard to comprehend that SW7 will make less than JW? Considering how much JW is doing, there are more chances SW will make less, than it doing more. But its ok, I know you are a fan. I forgive you.

• Like 1

If you really think sw7 has no chance of making 600m, then I'd like to have whatever you're having :)

And wtf at the rest, all I was saying is a lot of people don't believe that 237m figure

It was a general post directed at all the people comparing the two.

Because "hype" has enough subjectivity that they think they can worm their way into the absurd claim that AVTR was a smaller movie than JW.

Despite the subjectivity of "hype", their claim has still been explicitly debunked.

They just keep shifting the goalpost.  A few pages back, they were arguing that 'Alvin and the Chipmunks 2' was stiffer competition than IO.  Then they were arguing that AVTR had no "name recognition".  Now, they're arguing it had "no hype".  Every time they get debunked, they concoct a new bullshit theory to try and make the Fox tentpole blockbuster AVTR sound like a little indie movie.

Mostly you seem to be vigorously constructing lots of straw men.

James u suffer from so much hatred that you embarass yourself. with Jurassic world exploding why is it so hard to comprehend at Star Wars could do the same? You hate the French I so much that you let it cloud your judgement. Much to learn you still have. I'm obviously not saying Star Wars will easily when the year but it certainly has a legitimate shot. Even you have to be able to see that.

I-hate-you.gif

I shouldve used this the first time :lol: Damn, what a good movie!

• Like 1

Yeah, I remember. FF7 made that so AoU has to make more. Is it so hard to comprehend that SW7 will make less than JW? Considering how much JW is doing, there are more chances SW will make less, than it doing more. But its ok, I know you are a fan. I forgive you.

Sure it could make less. I acknowledged that. But i don't deal in absolutes when making predictions. But u have done that.

Lol. Took me a minute to figure out what the hell this meant

I just got a new phone and I'm using voice to text. Apparently voice to text does not understand the word franchise so it said French lol I missed that when I was editing the post lol

• Like 1