#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

See? lol I told you more incredible things would happen. Again, these are early numbers and could still change later on. But I think the second weekend record is going down. Amazing for IO as well. #crumble

Excel goes loonie for Superman too, and Batman. lol. Wait til Batman v Superman rolls around

Well yeah he has already gone full crazy with BVS opening weekend. Seriously doubt that happens, but I am impressed with his call on this one. He was pretty skeptical of it in the KJ threads leading up to the preview screenings. The movie itself won him over and he decided to take a chance. Just like I don't think TA1 gets over 200 opening without incredible WOM, the same is true of JP4.

The WOM kicked in very fast from the Thursday shows and caused it to explode. Twitter is a powerful weapon, especially with much earlier preview shows than the old days. By the time the first shows Friday morning roll around the word is already out that it's a must-see event for everyone.

Nothing will ever top the BOM days with Potter.  Just so much fun.  Will never forget it and how I almost passed out from the adrenaline rush I got from HP7 Part 2 midnight number.

That was quite fun. Quite a few thought it had a shot at 100m OD. Didn't realize how frontloaded it was.  :lol:

• Like 2

TDK, TA1 were way better because the movies actually had legs.

If you were a Potter fanatic, that moment was what you lived for.  In that moment, we soared.  In that moment, we were infinite.

Edited by RyneOh1040

TDK, TA1 were way better because the movies actually had legs.

I'm not even a Potter fan but the hours where we thought 100 opening day would happen were amazing. Very exciting to follow that situation. The 43.5 midnight number is just jawdropping and I hope none of the 7 PM Thursday preview movies ever beat it. Star Wars might though, haha.

• Like 2

I'm not even a Potter fan but the hours where we thought 100 opening day would happen were amazing. Very exciting to follow that situation. The 43.5 midnight number is just jawdropping and I hope none of the 7 PM Thursday preview movies ever beat it. Star Wars might though, haha.

What happened the day after that? Oh yeah, nothing. It was always going to be massive that's the point. The drop off was almost as impressive as the OD/previews itself.

Edited by GiantCALBears

What happened the day after that? Oh yeah, nothing. It was always going to be massive that's the point. The drop off was almost as impressive as the OD/previews itself.

lololololol at downplaying that midnight number.  No one expected legs so that wasn't a shock.  But THAT huge of a rush was unexpected, even for Potter.

Edited by RyneOh1040

With a $29 million Sunday, IO does 97. $100 million is so close!

Disney is usually pretty open to fudging, might as well do it this weekend

If it was Paramount we could lock it in already  :lol:

• Like 1

What was that one guy's name? Point man? :rofl:

Pointman(which a lot of people started calling Pointlessman) got banned right before TF3 came out.

And Noctis got suspended right before DH2 was released.

:D

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 2