#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Jurassic World should drop under 10% on Sunday, and should get the 2nd weekend record, and also reach 400m.

But why the hell is AoU projected to have such a big jump on Sunday? :o

That's BOM mistake.

IO:

$34,238,000

-- / $8,677

$34,238,000 / 1

$30,867,000

-9.8% / $7,822

$65,105,000 / 2

$25,951,000

-15.9% / $6,577

$91,056,000 / 3

I guess IO's Saturday night screenings slowed down some, since rth had it pegged at $32-$33 yesterday evening. Oh well! Still a massive success.

Exactly.  Someone should go pull some quotes from that thread.

What you describe sounds similar to the initial reaction to Heath Ledger's casting as the Joker. Then when everyone actually saw what he did with the role, it was one of the quickest turnarounds ever from negative buzz to holy shit awesome buzz. I think Blue might be a lot of people's favorite character in JP4, haha.

• Like 1

Even though some of it was Avengers money.

So not really $200m worth of tickets.

How does this work btw? Do they take money off Avengers? Halve it? Never been 100% on this.

Like I was aware Pitch was running with JW as a double screening but how do they use those receipts?

Edited by wildphantom

I guess IO's Saturday night screenings slowed down some, since rth had it pegged at $32-$33 yesterday evening. Oh well! Still a massive success.

Part of the problem might be those Tuesday shows that Disney wouldn't give us a dollar amount on. 600 screens with some showing it multiple times and with tickets as high as $22? Yeah, I'm guessing the total preview number between Tuesday/Thursday was around $5m, maybe higher. Which means a nearly $31m Saturday is a very nice increase from the non-preview Friday number.

Pirates 3 and JW are pretty equal in quality in my opinion. Might give Pirates a slight advantage but I'd need to rewatch it.

Woooof. Totally respect your opinion but they're not even same planet for me. Mainly because I thought JW was actually fun.

I think one of the coolest things about this weekend, besides the fact that it kicks jur(ass)ic, is that I'm confident we have a record that will stand for a VERY long time. IO getting highest opening not at number one could not fall for potentially a decade.

• Like 1

I never understood how Jaws got a PG rating damn Rated R must've been really violent back in the 80s

That was the 70s - it's all about the sex - no sex in Jaws - violence good sex bad ;)

I think one of the coolest things about this weekend, besides the fact that it kicks jur(ass)ic, is that I'm confident we have a record that will stand for a VERY long time. IO getting highest opening not at number one could not fall for potentially a decade.

I think it will last longer than a decade.

• Like 1