#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Please don't hate me. But I still have JW breaking $700 million domestically. $705 million total to be exact.

Someone must have the higher prediction. Might as well be me.

Edited by VGPOP

I hope IO doesn't drop from estimates. What's the likelyhood it crosses $300m? MU got to nearly $270 from an $82 OW. I would guess it should be able to make it to $315 but Minions could cut off some of its late legs.

And JW performs incredibly again!

I hope IO doesn't drop from estimates. What's the likelyhood it crosses $300m? MU got to nearly $270 from an $82 OW. I would guess it should be able to make it to $315 but Minions could cut off some of its late legs.

IO should easily cross $300. WOM is 10x better than MU.

• Like 1

i remember the friday estimate posts : "damn not gonna pass 100m finally" , "it's up to 90m more or less sorry folks"...but...but this beat of a movie defies all logic!!!  :D

indominus patri et spiritu sancti REX!

Edited by TacoBell

What? 300m+ is sure. Infact there is no way in hell this doesn't pass 325m. This is way better than MU. Peiple are loving it. Everyone. Even Baumer loved it!! And it got such an unbelievably huge OW. Its not gonna stop before 350m in my opinion. Minions, as average as it seems, should be afraid of this now.

Please don't hate me. But I still have JW breaking $700 million domestically. $705 million total to be exact.

Someone must have the higher prediction. Might as well be me.

People will say you're crazy but so far it has had a more impressive run than either TDK or Avengers. Neither of those films faced any real competition in their second weekend. Its 10-day multiplier is not far behind TDK (1.98 to 1.93).

It needs a 3.35 overall compared to TDK's 3.34 to reach $700m. If it can hold up this well against a Pixar movie at over $90m, then who knows what this thing is gonna do.

We are not prepared for this insanity. This is one of the most exciting times in box office history.

A movie breaking the biggest second weekend on record with a 90 M opener on its tail.

Do people even realize how crazy that is?

• Like 6

We are not prepared for this insanity. This is one of the most exciting times in box office history.

A movie breaking the biggest second weekend on record with a 90 M opener on its tail.

I don't think many do...it's an amazing accomplishment.

• Like 1

That's just mindboggling. 

Also very happy with the 90m OW by Inside Out. 

Edited by BoxOfficeZ
  • Like 1

And after enormous weekdays no less. You can't even say it was boosted by small weekdays like Avengers or Spider-Man 1. Father's Day or not, this weekend was unbelievably impressive. Titanic's 658 or higher is definitely in play.

Pixar can be proud too because it's clear they did a hell of a job to get Inside Out opening like this against such a monster. And that record for #2 opening is going to stand for a very long time.

• Like 5

I don't see Jurassic slowing down until around the time Minions releases. Minions will then dominate the marketplace for the remainder of July. Ant-Man and Terminator won't bomb but won't break out either.

Even Minions will give a boost to JP4 thanks to those double features at the drive in theaters. Universal is in a pretty awesome spot with those two movies.

JW should make about 255m more after this while IO should do about 275m more.

How do you figure?  And how can you have an exact figure?

Next weekend Ted 2 should make 55m, IO should do 57m and JW should do 52m. All should be close but, unless Ted 2 breaks out (and I hope that happens not), the fight for the top spot should be between Ted 2 and IO.

• Like 1

I guess if Zara was a more memorable character it would have affected me more. But I admit I did chuckle a bit at what was going to happen. But I was more moved at the dying brachiosaurus(I teared up a little) or when the other raptors died

Regarding said death. 

• Like 3