#ED

Weekend Actuals: Inside Out - 90.44M | Jurassic World - 106.59M

-49% drop, the lowest for a $100 million OW since Toy Story 3 (and the lowest for a $150 plus OW)

-Biggest 2nd Weekend

-Fastest to $400 million (10 days)

Now, with Inside Out with the biggest non #1 OW, the past two weekends have been the busiest June weekends in history.  With another potential breakout in Ted 2 next week, this looks a lot like May/June 2004, where Shrek 2, The Day After Tomorrow, and Prisoner of Azkaban all had great openers in back to back weeks.

• Like 1

-49% drop, the lowest for a $100 million OW since Toy Story 3 (and the lowest for a $150 plus OW)

-Biggest 2nd Weekend

-Fastest to $400 million (10 days)

Now, with Inside Out with the biggest non #1 OW, the past two weekends have been the busiest June weekends in history. With another potential breakout in Ted 2 next week, this looks a lot like May/June 2004, where Shrek 2, The Day After Tomorrow, and Prisoner of Azkaban all had great openers in back to back weeks.

Actually, it's the lowest for any $120M+ OW

Locked. At least $45M+ Monday through Thursday and another $55M+ over the following weekend. I'd say $510M+ after 17 days is what I'm expecting.

It's gonna drop over 50% next weekend since it won't have father's day.

$650M+ DOM... Done. That's locked. $700M+ DOM... It's gotta chance.

I really think you might be too optimistic. $500M by next Sunday and $650M are certainly possible, but I wouldn't call them "locks" just yet. Maybe I'm just pessimistic, but I'd rather not be set up for disappointment towards an otherwise fantastic run.

Edited by superduperm
  • Like 1