#ED

Weekend Actuals: Inside Out - 90.44M | Jurassic World - 106.59M

I like JW and all, but nothing about it can compete with anything about TA1 for me. If I could go back and relive those opening week screenings I saw of TA I totally would. They were just so much damn fun.

Exactly opposite to me. I couldn't care less about TA1. Never did. But I can't wait to rewatch JW's epicness again. 

• Like 1

If Insurgent gets one more weekend before being pulled, it should be able to cross $130m.

This franchise is going nowhere. Lionsgate will kill it if they keep those release dates for Allegiant 1 & 2 in place. 

My Mom hated JW, and typically loves the summer blockbusters. 1 of my 4 friends who have seen it hated it too and 1 was ambivalent towards it. So I don't think it's being universally liked or anything. Yet that box office doe....

But you know after my showing was letting out, I saw a family with three boys(about 4-9) walking out, and the parents asked if they liked the film.  All three boys were excitedly talking about the film and the younger were mimicking the dinosaurs.  And there were other kids talking excitedly, so it's hitting a key demo.  Kind of like the first did with many in 20's and 30's

• Like 2

MJ1 did 40m more than DH1 though, and THG has proven with all 3 films to be nowhere near as frontloaded as Potter was. Yet look how close DH2 still got to 400. And only the first Potter tops THG and CF's admissions. It couldn't be more obvious to me MJ1 was a fluke. Bad year at the box office, bad marketing, and part 1 syndrome combined for an unfortunate decrease. MJ2 on the other hand has both the finale effect and a great year at the box office on its side. Now if it can just get the marketing, it will definitely be huge.

Or the audience that put the first two HG movies over $400M+ just liked the actual games and without that component, so go all those casual fans who maybe won't be swayed by the "last HG movie ever!" hype because they were never that invested in the franchise? We'll see.

Twilight's finale had to deal with the aftermath of KStew's cheating scandal between Part 1 and Part 2 shattering the whole Robsten dream for the Bella/Edward fangirls. They reconciled before Breaking Dawn 2 but the damage had been done.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica

Nothing is universally liked. TDK had its share of haters. God knows Avatar and Titanic did but look at their legs (WOW).

Well yeah, but I mean I already know more people not liking JW than I did TA, TDK, Avatar, etc. My own anecdotal experience with those movies at the time was that only the odd guy out was disliking them. Again, this is anecdotal though obviously.

Or the audience that put the first two HG movies over $400M+ just liked the actual games and without that component, so go all those casual fans who maybe won't be swayed by the "last HG movie ever!" hype because they were never that invested in the franchise? We'll see.

Well looks like LG is already trying to tap into the game aspect again judging by how that first trailer ends. At the very least, MJ2 will have action again, which is something MJ1 barely had.

Edited by MovieMan89

Twilight's finale had to deal with the aftermath of KStew's cheating scandal between Part 1 and Part 2 shattering the whole Robsten dream for the Bella/Edward fangirls. They reconciled before Breaking Dawn 2 but the damage had been done.

2015-06-09_13_04_23.0.gif

tumblr_npoq7q39zN1rkqbo5o2_500.gif

Edited by AplandRey
  • Like 5

I like JW and all, but nothing about it can compete with anything about TA1 for me. If I could go back and relive those opening week screenings I saw of TA I totally would. They were just so much damn fun.

Midnight screening of TA1 was pure magic for me but we're talking about the nostalgia of JP1 to JW and no question these little nods help it garner great WOM which is potentially greater than TA1 or TDK. 

• Like 1

Midnight screening of TA1 was pure magic for me but we're talking about the nostalgia of JP1 to JW and no question these little nods help it garner great WOM which is potentially greater than TA1 or TDK. 

True, nostalgia can be a powerful draw if played right, and you're dead on about the likes of TA,TDK, and Avatar not having that to their advantage like JW does.

This franchise is going nowhere. Lionsgate will kill it if they keep those release dates for Allegiant 1 & 2 in place. 

I disliked Divergent but god was Insurgent awful. I feel like the author must have just dragged her finger along an iPod keyboard and let it auto-create words for her

Edited by killimano3

I was JW two times already, and probably I will go again, but what is more important, I took my father and mother to see it, and they LOVE IT, I am sure they've been in cinema again after many many months.....

and I saw plenty of kids in age 8-12 happy with JW

M.

• Like 1

If you were the right age for JP1, this movie just nailed it IMHO. Those little kids DAR talked about are the right age now to create an even bigger fanbase 20 years from now. You'll have all the little kids from 1993 and all the little kids from 2015 all wanting to revisit that world.

Sigh.

Looks like Katniss is gonna have to quiet some people up this November. She's ready ;)

It was to be expected though. There have been people on this board dying to see that franchise fail since the first THG, and they finally got a little scrap to feast on with MJ1's under-performance. So now it's going to be nothing but doom and gloom from them until the OW (maybe) shuts them up. Of course then the 2x multi talk will probably start from them. :lol:

• Like 1

Looks like Katniss is gonna have to quiet some people up this November. She's ready ;)

If shes not busy crying over Peeta or Gayel...

Yeah i went there. Im tryna some shit up in here. Up in here.

• Like 1