#ED

Weekend Actuals: Inside Out - 90.44M | Jurassic World - 106.59M

And you talk about this forum? 83 people here gave JW an A or a B. 20 people gave it a grade equal to C or below :lol: 

Please, stop with your nonsense. 

Spielberg interviews about Crystal Skull are pretty horrific.

He kept implying he made the movie as a favor to Lucas and to Spielberg, Last Crusade closed the chapter of the character nicely.

His heart was just not into it and it showed.

Well, he hasn't yet admitted that he wasn't into it upfront, which is something that he has done for objectively his worst movie the lost world.

Maleficent had putrid WOM in all those places. Legs say otherwise. 

Maleficent wasn't a box office phenom. You're missing the point. The only two box office phenoms of the last twenty years that didn't get  widespread acclaim upon release are TPM and JW. Both also have a huge nostalgia factor. But clearly there's nothing to go off of there.

• Like 1

I'm gonna be generous and say it'll take about 18 months for the internet consensus to look at jurassic world on a phantom menace/crystal skull level.

Except both of those had really huge expectations, JW always looked like just another summer movie and the 2 sequels before it sucked ass.

Maleficent wasn't a box office phenom. You're missing the point. The only two box office phenoms of the last twenty years that didn't get  widespread acclaim upon release are TPM and JW. Both also have a huge nostalgia factor. But clearly there's nothing to go off of there.

You said this forum is the proof it has poor WOM. Again, the ratings in this forum are:

And you talk about this forum? 83 people here gave JW an A or a B. 20 people gave it a grade equal to C or below :lol:

Edited by CJohn

Poor CRUMBLING JW and its NOT GREAT WOM.

Seriously, you people need to go outside or something. The movie messageboard and fanboy community is not the GA. The entire theater at both of my screenings loved the movie and went apeshit for the one liners and little bits that the internet has decided to bitch about.

JW just dropped less than 50% in its 2nd weekend against a $90 million opener and after breaking the OW record. That's not nostalgia making people like it or people going out of boredom.

• Like 3

Well, he hasn't yet admitted that he wasn't into it upfront, which is something that he has done for objectively his worst movie the lost world.

It goes to show how amazing Spielberg is that even one of his lesser outputs still runs circles around JW (and most current tentpoles) when it comes to action sequences.

• Like 2

I hate that shit. Keep thinking of The First Avenger when someone writes it. Just call it SW7 people! :lol:

You keep saying TFA and its driving me insaneeeeeeeeeeee.

So its not just me who is having this problem :P

• Like 2

You gotta love this board: here I learned  that nobody cared for AVATAR, that MELISSA McCARTHY is already a has-been and box office poison, JURASSIC WORLD has terrible word of mouth, and AGE OF ULTRON is a flop. :)

• Like 7

The GA is going nuts. Just the haters are reporting knowing people that didn't like it. Just like LordmanDeep was reporting empty theaters in Canada on OW LMFAO.

• Like 3

You said this forum is the proof it has poor WOM. Again, the ratings in this forum are:

God, why do you people not read my posts? I never said anything about poor WOM. I said every audience or critic gauge we can find shows that reception isn't amazing. Good, but not great.

It goes to show how amazing Spielberg is that even one of his lesser outputs still runs circles around JW (and most current tentpoles) when it comes to action sequences.

is hook better than jurassic world?

That makes it even less convincing though. Nostalgia alone is not enough for what we're seeing with this movie. Plenty of films have nostalgia working for them and fall flat.

You'll see one of them come release of Terminator 5 soon enough.

If it didn't get great WOM, it would drop. This is going beyond any expectations even after people here saw how OW went. 

Seriously, I just don't get the logic.

Edited by JennaJ