kayumanggi

RAMPAGE | 13 April 2018 | Warner Brothers | Dwayne Johnson

Seriously studios, hire me as director for one of:

1) Red Dead Redemption

2) BioShock

3) Far Cry

and I'll show you how to do a Goddamn good video game movie. You could even hire me for fucking Gran Turismo and I'd still do a better job than everyone else so far :kitschjob:

EDIT: IT'S AT 53% :ohmygod:   OSCAR NOMINATION INCOMING :ohmygod:

Edited by MCKillswitch123

9 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

1) Red Dead Redemption

2) BioShock

3) Far Cry

and I'll show you how to do a Goddamn good video game movie. You could even hire me for fucking Gran Turismo and I'd still do a better job than everyone else so far :kitschjob:

Sure thing, but Red Dead will bomb because it's a western, and so will Bioshock because it's steampunk. Far Cry? Well, whatever you make, it won't be as good as the masterpiece that is the first far cry movie.

Gran Turismo though, I'm down with that...

• Disbelief 2

Having just got back from watching it over here in the UK, can confirm that it was a lot of fun and the CGI of the creatures was beautiful. I also saw Pacific Rim yesterday in cinemas, and the effects of Rampage are easily 100x better. Warner Bros was definitely not lazy in the CGI department.

Also, I got a free poster!! (Which looks amazing!)

cPNL9Hd.jpg

Apologies for my handwriting, just wanted to prove it really was mine :) 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

1) Red Dead Redemption

2) BioShock

3) Far Cry

EDIT: IT'S AT 53% :ohmygod:   OSCAR NOMINATION INCOMING :ohmygod:

I disagree about Far Cry, has been tried, has not worked.

I have a theory that the problem with video game movies is they choose the wrong videogames to make into a movie. They look at sales without stopping to  consider "Will that make a good movie?'.

Thing about Redemption and Bioshock is they both have plotlines that are much stronger them most video games.(Far Cry,not so much. Fun Game, but not one I would choose to do for a movie.)

Though I would really rather see Bioshock:Infintie as a movie since it's main theme has become really revelent since the 2016 election....

(and that is other thing about the Bioshock series, they are just about the only video games that attempt social commentary..and succeed with it).

Fallout is still my favorite choice for a movie though. And if I was in charge my first move would be to hire Ron Perlman to do the narratation.

"War...War Never Changes".

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And that is why I have a little sceptism about Johnson as Doc Savage. In the pulps, Doc is a total genius are in just about every area of science.

...I mean, sure, I guess. Let's find another person the size of Doc Savage that can play believable super genius better than Johnson.

• Like 1

The thing is I dont think gamers really want movies, they are happy with the games how they are.

I mean you could turn GTA into a movie like Heat. But I don't really see what the point would be and it would probably suck. People who like GTA already have the game, they don't need a film.

The only game I can think of that I'd genuinely like a film about, is Red Faction. And it would actually work as a film.

43 minutes ago, Tree Was Never Really Here said:

Sure thing, but Red Dead will bomb because it's a western, and so will Bioshock because it's steampunk. Far Cry? Well, whatever you make, it won't be as good as the masterpiece that is the first far cry movie.

Gran Turismo though, I'm down with that...

Hey, I've never seen the 1st Far Cry, but coming from Uwe Boll, one can imagine the type of masterpiece that it was :redcapes:

On a serious note, I don't think BioShock would bomb. I mean, it's a horror game for all intents and purposes, and horror does tremendously well nowadays. Even shit like Winchester and The Strangers: Prey At Night did well -- granted, w/microbudgets, but they turned a profit. And BioShock is really, really interesting from an atmospheric, artistic and even thematic standpoint. I could hardly see it costing much more than the range of The Shape Of Water (19.5M) and It (35M). Being based off of a popular video game IP, it would damn near guarantee an at least decent OS intake, which coupled w/around a pessimistically realistic 35-40M DOM range, it'd be profitable.

Red Dead, on the other hand, I sadly have to agree with you.... artistically, as a huge fan of the game, it's almost impossible to narrow down the story to a simple 2 hour movie. It would need to be like a close to 3 hour western epic. It would probably bomb hardcore (unless OS was forgiving due to RDR's popularity). Even then, I don't really know if it would ever be in the green. Still, it'd turn into a cult classic, so.... that's something :sparta:

And tbh, there definitely is good movie within Gran Turismo. There's a good movie in everything, really... you just need to work out how to make it a good movie, without losing what made the game special but also without losing focus of how to make a competent filmic narrative.

29 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I disagree about Far Cry, has been tried, has not worked.

I have a theory that the problem with video game movies is they choose the wrong videogames to make into a movie. They look at sales without stopping to  consider "Will that make a good movie?'.

Thing about Redemption and Bioshock is they both have plotlines that are much stronger them most video games.(Far Cry,not so much. Fun Game, but not one I would choose to do for a movie.)

Though I would really rather see Bioshock:Infintie as a movie since it's main theme has become really revelent since the 2016 election....

(and that is other thing about the Bioshock series, they are just about the only video games that attempt social commentary..and succeed with it).

Fallout is still my favorite choice for a movie though. And if I was in charge my first move would be to hire Ron Perlman to do the narratation.

"War...War Never Changes".

Well, Far Cry was Uwe Boll, so.... I don't think anything directed by Uwe Boll could ever work.

And while I agree with you about RDR and BioShock, I have to disagree about Far Cry.... Far Cry 3 in particular is the entry that stands out the most. That game has all the makings of a damn good movie. It's not even that difficult, all you need to do is make Jason more relatable, give all the spotlight to Vaas, cut the Hoyt nonsense down, tie some loose ends in believable ways, make sure to include at least one croc attack (seriously, fuck those fucking crocs), and you'd already be on a hot start to get it right.

BioShock Infinite definitely has strong film appeal as well, but I'd rather adapt the original. Fallout..... holy shit, that sounds amazing if done right, but I don't think I'd be the right fit for it :P. It has a very specific pace and a haunting tone of lonely grit to it (besides the big action, the zombies and the giant mutant roaches and scorpions, of course) that it would see better fit on someone like a Villeneuve or a Miller.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

I agree in principal that you can make a good film out of anything. You are also right about budget, I'm sure if you make a Bioshock movie for 20M it will turn a profit, but ya know, good luck making a Bioshock movie for 20M.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, RandomCat said:

...I mean, sure, I guess. Let's find another person the size of Doc Savage that can play believable super genius better than Johnson.

Doc is hard to cast;you need somebody who has a football player build who can convincingly play a super genius....

I think Johnson has as good a chance to pull off Doc as anybody,

And I really hope they put in Doc's Artic Fortress Of Solitude just to hear the screams of the Superman fans at how Supes is being ripped off,and the expressions on their faces when they find out it's the other way around; Superman's Fortress is a direct swipe from Doc Savage and we have the smoking gun to prove it. (

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Hey, I've never seen the 1st Far Cry, but coming from Uwe Boll, one can imagine the type of masterpiece that it was :redcapes:

On a serious note, I don't think BioShock would bomb. I mean, it's a horror game for all intents and purposes, and horror does tremendously well nowadays. Even shit like Winchester and The Strangers: Prey At Night did well -- granted, w/microbudgets, but they turned a profit. And BioShock is really, really interesting from an atmospheric, artistic and even thematic standpoint. I could hardly see it costing much more than the range of The Shape Of Water (19.5M) and It (35M). Being based off of a popular video game IP, it would damn near guarantee an at least decent OS intake, which coupled w/around a pessimistically realistic 35-40M DOM range, it'd be profitable.

Red Dead, on the other hand, I sadly have to agree with you.... artistically, as a huge fan of the game, it's almost impossible to narrow down the story to a simple 2 hour movie. It would need to be like a close to 3 hour western epic. It would probably bomb hardcore (unless OS was forgiving due to RDR's popularity). Even then, I don't really know if it would ever be in the green. Still, it'd turn into a cult classic, so.... that's something :sparta:

And tbh, there definitely is good movie within Gran Turismo. There's a good movie in everything, really... you just need to work out how to make it a good movie, without losing what made the game special but also without losing focus of how to make a competent filmic narrative.

Well, Far Cry was Uwe Boll, so.... I don't think anything directed by Uwe Boll could ever work.

And while I agree with you about RDR and BioShock, I have to disagree about Far Cry.... Far Cry 3 in particular is the entry that stands out the most. That game has all the makings of a damn good movie. It's not even that difficult, all you need to do is make Jason more relatable, give all the spotlight to Vaas, cut the Hoyt nonsense down, tie some loose ends in believable ways, make sure to include at least one croc attack (seriously, fuck those fucking crocs), and you'd already be on a hot start to get it right.

BioShock Infinite definitely has strong film appeal as well, but I'd rather adapt the original. Fallout..... holy shit, that sounds amazing if done right, but I don't think I'd be the right fit for it :P. It has a very specific pace and a haunting tone of lonely grit to it (besides the big action, the zombies and the giant mutant roaches and scorpions, of course) that it would see better fit on someone like a Villeneuve or a Miller.

You also need a warped sense of humor for "Fallout"...the lack of which was a major reason I did not like Fallout 4 nearly as much as the previous games.

• Like 1

Regarding Video game movies, the first Silent Hill (2006) remains one of my biggest guilty pleasures of all time. I love that movie, despite knowing that many aspects of it are really lacking. But visually and tonally, it was a worthy adaption of the Silent Hill games.

2 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

1) Red Dead Redemption

2) BioShock

and I'll show you how to do a Goddamn good video game movie.

I'm Commander Numbers and this is my favorite film request in the thread

This isnt selling well near me at all. A quiet place was nearly selling out. Rampage is  almost empty. Only 4 tickets sold for a 3D showing at a local AMC thats starts at 7PM. The 2D showing at 10 has 20 tickets sold. They should've just did 2D at 7PM. It probably wouldve sold better.

• Like 1