5. Suicide Squad - 317,200,000

6. Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them - 297,900,000

7. Moana - 281,100,000

8. X-Men: Apocalypse - 246,700,000

9. Independence Day: Resurgence - 253,900,000

10. Doctor Strange - 218,900,000

2 minutes ago, DarthWalker said:

No way civil war is making less than 400 million

Big way. It looks like Captain America 3, not Iron Man vs Captain American/The Avengers 2.5 like many of us were expecting. It also comes just a month and a half after BvS and a few weeks before Apocalypse, so there is tons of direct competition for it. First trailer was extremely underwhelming. I honestly won't be shocked to see OW go as low as 110. 

The problem with Civil War is that trailer makes it look like a visual step down from Winter Soldier. Minus that one cool shot of Cap running through an explosion, the action so far looks clunky and uninspired. Pitting the two sides against one another on a mostly barren airfield? 

• Like 1

1. Rogue One - 360M
2. Finding Dory - 350M 
3.  Captain America: Civil War - 330M
4. Batman v. Superman - 320M 
5. Fantastic beasts and where to find them 315M 
6. Suicide Squad - 290M
7. Moana - 275M 
8. X-Men Apocalypse - 260M
9. The Jungle Book - 245M
10. Ghostbusters - 225M

looking at others guesses mine are probably way to low.

21 minutes ago, Lizzy said:

1. Rogue One - 360M
2. Finding Dory - 350M 
3. Captain America: Civil War - 330M
4. Batman v. Superman - 320M

5. Fantastic beasts and where to find them 315M 
6. Suicide Squad - 290M
7. Moana - 275M 
8. X-Men Apocalypse - 260M
9. The Jungle Book - 245M
10. Ghostbusters - 225M

looking at others guesses mine are probably way to low.

Come on.

24 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Come on.

Like I said most likely to low but my thinking is that Man of Steel ended sub 300M and I don't think it was so well received by fans. The fact that they're adding Batman feels a little to soon using the character again like when Sony rebooted the Spider-Man series, it's not bad but not very interesting. 
Thats still +70M on Winters Soldier which came of the well received Avengers, Captain America: Civil War is coming of AoU and that had dropped too. I don't think any comic book film is going to to better then say Avengers unless it's something that really feels different. 

3 minutes ago, Lizzy said:

Like I said most likely to low but my thinking is that Man of Steel ended sub 300M and I don't think it was so well received by fans. The fact that they're adding Batman feels a little to soon using the character again like when Sony rebooted the Spider-Man series, it's not bad but not very interesting. 
Thats still +70M on Winters Soldier which came of the well received Avengers, Captain America: Civil War is coming of AoU and that had dropped too. I don't think any comic book film is going to to better then say Avengers unless it's something that really feels different. 

First, sub 300 M is a great number. I don't know how you measure reception but MOS sold more DVDs and Blu-Rays than IRON MAN III among many other 2013 titles. I mean do people spend their hard-earned money on things they don't like?

Yes, A: AOU dropped, but 330 M for CA: CW with the Avengers cast plus Spider-Man would be a disaster. I just don't see 330 M happening.

2 minutes ago, DarthWalker said:

No way civil war is making less than 400 million

Big way. It looks like Captain America 3, not Iron Man vs Captain American/The Avengers 2.5 like many of us were expecting. It also comes just a month and a half after BvS and a few weeks before Apocalypse, so there is tons of direct competition for it. First trailer was extremely underwhelming. I honestly won't be shocked to see OW go as low as 110. 

First trailer was well received by most people, I think...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

First, sub 300 M is a great number. I don't know how you measure reception but MOS sold more DVDs and Blu-Rays than IRON MAN III among many other 2013 titles. I mean do people spend their hard-earned money on things they don't like?

Yes, A: AOU dropped, but 330 M for CA: CW with the Avengers cast plus Spider-Man would be a disaster. I just don't see 330 M happening.

I agree sub 300M is pretty damn great and I didn't know that about DVD/Blu-Ray sales, that is a good sign.

3 minutes ago, Lizzy said:

I agree sub 300M is pretty damn great and I didn't know that about DVD/Blu-Ray sales, that is a good sign.

But then again it all depends on the quality of the films. We know they will open big. After that depends on how the films will be received.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Lizzy said:

I think that what you mean is that you think no comic book film is going to do better box office than The Avengers unless it feels different, right? Filmmaking and craftsmanship have nothing to do with the film's content. For all we know, Wonder Woman, Infinity War 2 or Black Panther could end up with 100 % Fresh on RT and still be utterly traditional superhero movies.  Additionally, audiences won't necessarily respond to something just by virtue of it being "different." Otherwise, unconventional superhero films like Kick Ass  (or superhero-ish, like Scott Pilgrim ) would've made a killing at the box office. 

Edited by Cochofles

17 hours ago, ThiagoMaia said:

Ghostbusters - 210m

X-Men: Apocalypse - 200m

I would bet money on X-Men: Apocalypse making more than Ghostbusters!

I'm putting little faith in Apocalypse, because it's going to be the third big team superhero movie of 2016, it's opening very little after Civil War, and against Alice 2.

Also, for what I know it had the worst received trailer of the 3. On the opening night for TFA at my local theater, we had the three trailers in a row, both Civil War and BvS had a lot of cheers, but Apocalypse didn't get any reaction. I think that is an illustration of what we are going to see next year with the movies. BvS is going to feel new, Civil War is continuing a consistently succesful franchise, so they are both going to be popular, and x-men is gonna have nothing left...

Oh, and apparently, no Wolverine, so...