4. Civil War - $398M

5. Moana - $308M

6. Suicide Squad - $300M

7. Fantastic Beasts - $296M

8. Secret Life of Pets - $255M

9. Apocalypse - $231M

10. Ghostbusters - $211M

On 9/14/2015 at 9:56 AM, dial999now said:

Judging by the absolute tidal-wave of hatred that there seems to be for the Ghostbusters remake, I think $267m is very overstated. I think we could be looking at a Fantastic 4 style bomb

That's all internet idiocy and misogyny. Nobody was talking about F4 being a bomb until after footage was seen. We haven't seen anything from Ghostbusters, and Feig is a more proven director than Trank. Also, no production controversies to spell doom. 

There's literally no reason yet to think it's going to be bad. The original movies are not untouchable, sorry. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cochofles said:

Come on...now all of a sudden we think Rogue One is gonna outgross everything else? Why? Are Luke, Leia, and Han going to cameo? Is it also going to closely adhere to every story beat of ANH? Are Finn and Rey guesting on it?

Leia might cameo. She's the one who has the death star plans at the beginning of ANH

4 hours ago, Cochofles said:

Come on...now all of a sudden we think Rogue One is gonna outgross everything else? Why? Are Luke, Leia, and Han going to cameo? Is it also going to closely adhere to every story beat of ANH? Are Finn and Rey guesting on it?

Someone is rumored to.

It's very interesting reading through the predictions. I'm curious to see how it all plays out. I admit I don't understand the fanboy predictions for BvS, though. I don't actually know anyone in real life who is excited for the movie, especially after some pretty bad trailers, and Man of Steel made $291M. This isn't Nolan Batman, so why the film would make more than about $450M at most, I have no clue. I just don't see it. In fact I see more like $325M or so. 

I HOPE Rogue One kills at the box office, but not being a Saga film, I see it playing more like a typical run-of-the-mill blockbuster with a slight Star Wars bump. Perhaps $350M to $450M. I could see $300M, though, and I could see $500M, if it's REALLY good and maybe has Vader in the trailer, etc. 

Finding Dory is gonna be huge, for sure, Pixar will deliver and kids and families will drive that sucker past $400M for sure. 

Rogue One: 530M

BVS: 500M

Finding Dory: 460M

Civil War: 380M

Suicide Squad: 340M

Zootopia: 310M

Independence Day: 300M

The Jungle Book: 290M

Fantastic Beasts: 285M

Moana: 270M

Secret Life of Pets: 250M

Ghostbusters: 240M

Bourne: 230M

X-Men: 220M

Star Trek: 210M

Passengers: 185M

Sing: 180M

Doctor Strange: 170M

The BFG: 160M

The Conjuring 2: 155M

Civil War is going to make ALOT more than people here think. I can see it grossing over 550 DOM. First off it has most of the avenger members in it so it should get that Avengers bump coming after AOU not to mention one major thing everyone seems to be completely forgetting, Marvel has yet to use Spider-Man in the marketing for this movie, when that happens all these predictions for CW will go through the roof.

1. Rogue One - 555 M

2. Finding Dory - 515 M

3. Batman v. Superman - 487 M

4. Captain America Civil War - 415 M

5. Suicide Squad - 325 M

6. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - 320 M

7. Warcraft - 310 M

8. Moana - 290 M

9. Zootopia - 275 M

10. The Secret Life of Pets - 254 M

11. Alice Through the Looking Glass - 246 M

12. The Jungle Book - 235 M

13. Passengers - 230 M

14. Bourne 5 - 225 M

15. Doctor Strange - 220 M

16. Independence Day Resurgence - 215 M

17. X-Men Apocalypse - 210 M

18. Star Trek Beyond - 206 M

19. The BFG - 205 M

20. Angry Birds - 204 M

21. Sing - 185 M

22. TMNT 2 - 181 M

23. Ghostbusters - 180 M

24. Kung fu Panda 3 - 178 M

25. Deadpool - 168 M

26. Assassin's Creed - 165 M

27. Storks - 160 M

28. Neighbors 2 - 156 M

29. Ice Age 5 - 150 M

30. Ride Along 2 - 147 M

31. The Conjuring 2 - 145 M

32. Trolls - 142 M

33. Central Intelligence - 134 M
34. The Huntsman Winter's War - 130 M

35. Inferno - 128 M

36. Gambit - 125 M

37. Pete's Dragon - 120 M

38. Magnificent Seven - 115 M

39. My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 - 113 M

40. A Monster Calls - 110 M

41. Allegiant - 109 M

42. Now You See Me 2 - 104 M

43. The Boss - 101 M

44. Sausage Party - 100 M

45 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Civil War is going to make ALOT more than people here think. I can see it grossing over 550 DOM. First off it has most of the avenger members in it so it should get that Avengers bump coming after AOU not to mention one major thing everyone seems to be completely forgetting, Marvel has yet to use Spider-Man in the marketing for this movie, when that happens all these predictions for CW will go through the roof.

looooooooooooooooool

AOU is the roof.

16 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

looooooooooooooooool

AOU is the roof.

Spider-Man says Hi. Wait until the trailers and TV spots start showing spidey in action amongst all the other avengers and your predictions will be ALOT higher.

1 hour ago, DMan7 said:

gb0708, is that you?

:sarah:

On 8/15/2015 at 3:20 PM, Salacious Tree Crumb said:

1. The Jungle Book - 398M

2. Captain America: Civil War - 372M

3. Finding Dory - 336M

4. Batman v. Superman - 335M

5. Moana - 311M

6. Rogue One - 288M

7. Ghostbusters - 267M

8. X-Men Apocalypse - 260M

9. Warcraft - 241M

10. Alice Through the Looking Glass - 232M

My predicts haven't really changed from this, Jungle Book and Dory probably up a bit and Warcraft and Alice down, Suicide Squad or Fantastic Beasts may slip into #10 at around 200.

45 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Spider-Man says Hi. Wait until the trailers and TV spots start showing spidey in action amongst all the other avengers and your predictions will be ALOT higher.

The last Spider-Man film made $200m domestic. Even if you combine that with the gross of Cap 2, you're getting $460m domestic which I think is the absolute limit.

53 minutes ago, m3racer123 said:

The last Spider-Man film made $200m domestic. Even if you combine that with the gross of Cap 2, you're getting $460m domestic which I think is the absolute limit.

This isn't like Cap 2 though as the trailer has clearly shown most of the members of the Avengers especially the biggest one of them all Iron Man. I also believe the novelty of Spider-Man fighting alongside the avengers will give this a massive boost as well.

4 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

This isn't like Cap 2 though as the trailer has clearly shown most of the members of the Avengers especially the biggest one of them all Iron Man. I also believe the novelty of Spider-Man fighting alongside the avengers will give this a massive boost as well.

I don't think we'll even see Spider-Man fighting alongside the Avengers - it might just be a glorified cameo at the end of the film. If people really go and see this film just for Spider-Man, they will be sorely disappointed.

2 hours ago, DMan7 said:

I don't see it making more than AOU, in fact, probably will end up below 400M.

• Like 1