6.Independence Day: Resurgence : 310M
7.Moana: 290M
8.WarCraft: 280M
8.Fantastic Beast and where to find them:280M
10.X-Men Apocalyse: 250M
10.The Jungle Book: 250M

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tribefan695 said:

Pixar isn't critic-proof anymore, though, so Dory will need to deliver with them to compete with the other big guns

TGD underperforming had nothing to do with critics. It got good reviews, remember. Similar reception to Brave, Monsters University which did much better.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DMan7 said:

Civil War is going to make ALOT more than people here think. I can see it grossing over 550 DOM. First off it has most of the avenger members in it so it should get that Avengers bump coming after AOU not to mention one major thing everyone seems to be completely forgetting, Marvel has yet to use Spider-Man in the marketing for this movie, when that happens all these predictions for CW will go through the roof.

The team up isnt unique anymore though, plus BvS has a head start on it. I doubt a cameo from Spider-man is going to significantly increase BO. 400m is the best i can see it doing. 

1 hour ago, tribefan695 said:

Pixar isn't critic-proof anymore, though, so Dory will need to deliver with them to compete with the other big guns

TGD underperforming had nothing to do with critics. It got good reviews, remember. Similar reception to Brave, Monsters University which did much better.

Let me put it this way: I don't see Dory breaking 350mil if it gets a similar reception

1. Finding Dory ~550m

2. Independence Day: Resurgence ~500m

3. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice ~460m

4. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ~440m

5. Captain America: Civil War ~400m

6. Zootopia ~340m

7. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them ~320m

8. The Secret Life of Pets ~300m

9. Moana ~300m

10. Ghostbusters ~280m

• Like 2

Finding Dory - 500m

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - 450m

Captain America: Civil War - 430m

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - 380m

Moana - 270m

The Jungle Book - 250m

Suicide Squad - 240m

Doctor Strange - 230m

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - 225m

Ghostbusters - 210m

X-Men: Apocalypse - 200m

More than half is Disney, funny...

Also, I think all fox superhero movies are going to fall below all other superhero movies

Why don't they make the name: Star Wars: Rogue One? The current name is weird...

Enviado de meu XT1097 usando Tapatalk

• Like 1

I really don't think The Good Dinosaur's underperformance will affect Finding Dory's box office potential in a bad way.

Finding Dory will still be massive regardless. Why? Because it already has momentum by itself. Boom...the hype is there. No question about it.

Just because The Good Dinosaur performed less than expected doesn't mean that Finding Dory will underperform too.

I really don't think The Good Dinosaur's underperformance will affect Finding Dory's box office potential in a bad way.

Finding Dory will still be massive regardless. Why? Because it already has momentum by itself. Boom...the hype is there. No question about it.

Just because The Good Dinosaur performed less than expected doesn't mean that Finding Dory will underperform too.

What I'm saying is Dory's performance will be dependent on WOM. If it's received like the original 400-500 is a lock, but if not I could see it going below 300.

It's not exactly unprecedented, GD aside. Cars 2 underwhelmed at the box office and MU also finished significantly lower adjusted than its predecessor.

42 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

What I'm saying is Dory's performance will be dependent on WOM. If it's received like the original 400-500 is a lock, but if not I could see it going below 300.

It's not exactly unprecedented, GD aside. Cars 2 underwhelmed at the box office and MU also finished significantly lower adjusted than its predecessor.

Come on. Below 300 M?

46 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Um...Illuminations's Minions got to $336M despite mediocre WOM. Do you really think Finding Dory will do even lower than that flick. Cause if you do.....you're nuts.

There is no way it misses $300M DOM. It could actually get there either in 2 or 3 weeks.

Don't think too much on the negative....it's not good for ya.

10 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Um...Illuminations's Minions got to $336M despite mediocre WOM. Do you really think Finding Dory will do even lower than that flick. Cause if you do.....you're nuts.

There is no way it misses $300M DOM. It could actually get there either in 2 or 3 weeks.

Don't think too much on the negative....it's not good for ya.

To be fair though, MINIONS lacked competition in late July and August. FD, despite its established brand, is going to face a lot of competition.

6 hours ago, ThiagoMaia said:

Why don't they make the name: Star Wars: Rogue One? The current name is weird...

+1

6 hours ago, ThiagoMaia said:

Ghostbusters - 210m

X-Men: Apocalypse - 200m

Also, I think all fox superhero movies are going to fall below all other superhero movies

:)