baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

Given Ted 2 was only $85 million budget, they can still make Ted 3.

Only extremely rarely when a sequel radically underperforms compared to the original that a second sequel is ordered. I'm sure there's maybe a couple examples out there, but it almost never happens.

Edited by goldenstate5

Hmmm...28% drop just like JP4. Maybe they just took their cue from Universal this time. Classy move Disney. Odds are both will increase from actuals. Hopefully over $53m for Inside Out and over $55m for JP4.

They're estimating 28% fall on Sunday? Wow.. that's gonna be WAY underestimated. If it falls 18% like last Sunday (I don't think the film particularly benefitted from Father's Day) it would do 54.4m for the weekend.

Edited by Gopher

They're estimating 28% fall on Sunday? Wow.. that's gonna be WAY underestimated. If it falls 18% like last Sunday (I don't think the film particularly benefitted from Father's Day) it would do 54.4m for the weekend.

Right. I would love to see 54 for IO and 56 for JP4 (beating TA's number).

• Like 2

JW has a lead of around $43M over TA with almost the same 3rd weekend gross. Given JW's higher weekday grosses . I see JW ending up with $670M+.

Phenomenal whichever way you look at it.  :D

• Like 3

Too old by that point. Cocktail was her peak IMHO. Gorgeous woman. I would probably take her from the Coctkail period over Beckinsale circa Underworld time period, though it's close.

Like I said, too old. 

Didn't know this guy posted here.

mqvlh.jpg

• Like 2

Right. I would love to see 54 for IO and 56 for JP4 (beating TA's number).

I would say that the likelyhood of that happening is high given what transpired over the last two weekends .

JW falling only 49% from a record 2nd weekend gross inflated by Father's day is simply outstanding. 

INSIDE JURASSIC WORLD, in which we go inside the mind of the Indominus Rex (all Angers). 1b domestic easy.

As long as we go into the T-Rex's head as well (four Angers, one Joy), I'll buy my ticket right now.

Decent drop for IO, even if it didn't get #1 (but hey, fuck off Nia Vardalos, we're goin for that record!), hopefully Disney slightly underestimated and we wind up with a $53 mil actual.

LOL, with IO and JW breaking out and smashing expectations, are we looking at the market balancing itself with other movies under performing?

Ted 2 - already has

Terminator 5 - Likely

Magic Mike - Very likely.

Starting to think Minions might not live up to expectations either.