baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

If I get anything when I go to the movies its a soda. I don't feel the need to have something into eat while I'm watching a movie

Same with me, plus I'm afraid if I eat I'll need to use the rest room and miss part of the film.

• Like 2

I remember my family bringing in outside concessions to Star Wars Episode I in 1999, and that wasn't even the first time we did it, so high concession prices are obviously nothing new. (Though I don't recall theaters being as strict then - or at least they didn't put up signs. Possibly because ticket sales were so good during 1998-04 that it made up for any lost snack revenue? I feel like the signs started going up right around the time that ticket sales started declining and DLP/3D/PLF started coming in - lost ticket revenue + equipment upgrade costs = need for more concession sales?)

July has so many movies that I want to see this year its a bummer because I know I'm gonna have to skip one or two movies that I would like to see... (Minions and Terminator/Ant-Man are the top candidates because I will absolutely not fucking miss Paper Towns of Rogue Nation)

July has so many movies that I want to see this year its a bummer because I know I'm gonna have to skip one or two movies that I would like to see... (Minions and Terminator/Ant-Man are the top candidates because I will absolutely not fucking miss Paper Towns of Rogue Nation)

Paper Towns of Rogue Nation sounds fun. Really taking crossovers to unprecedented levels.

• Like 1

eat before sneak in some garnola bars and candy and eat real food after .

Theaters are a already a rip off with the ticket prices. 

Price for popcorn and coke I can buy pizza for 2-3 guys and drinks after. 

Before any one moralizing me about I should not bring in outside food, I have no patience for such  moral nonsense.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Concession prices at movie theaters are always high because the theaters don't get paid enough by the studio. I think they only get a small percentage cut of the gross.

That's not true, theaters are not glorified candy stores.

You can skip Minions. What a borefest.

• Like 1

IO $300m chances now?

Pretty good, I'd say. Minions will hurt it but it's going to be the go-to family film over the holiday week coming up which will be a big help.