baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

I saw Indy 4 at midnight, and it was a constant toss between "hey that's pretty neat" to "that's stupid" for the first 2/3rds, and then it went full stupid for the last third. Some people applauding at the end, but I'm fairly sure they were in denial.

TOD has some really awful, over-the-top comedy stuff that hurt it, but not nearly as much as Indy 4.

So if the 23 number for Saturday was accurate Universal is projecting 16.5 for Sunday correct? That seems a tad low, maybe 17-17.5 with actuals.

Official Saturday estimate is $22.5m, so the Sunday drop isn't too crazy at 24.4%. Still hoping it jumps with actuals though.

Ted 2 is behaving like Sex And The City 2 a big marketed comedy sequel that came out in the summer with these all of these cameos then now here we are

SatC 2 even outpaced it. That movie made $37 million its first three days after opening on a Thursday.

I remember that was the response to EPISODE 1 the 1st time I saw it.. Tempered applause, followed closely by WTF did I just watch look on everyone's face on the way out of the theatre..

Hence the repeat viewing and inflated gross. People had to go again to make sure they hadn't imagined it.

• Like 3

So with TED 2 Bombing, I guess we'll be seeing a Blu-Ray/DVD Release by the end of this week coming up... The "Unrated Version" so to speak..

I think Amazon might have the release date by early next month for the bluray it's gonna come out in October or September not around Christmas

Uh...people saying Inside Out and other movies will have good holds because of the holiday, the 4th is a Saturday. Going to have a depressed weekend up ahead.

Second, Ted 2 really isn't such a OMG no one saw it coming. Sure, not to such an extent, but I think there were many predictions which believed it would fall below the first Ted.

Screw you all, I think Temple of Doom is great and I think I might actually enjoy it more than Last Crusade (which is no knock against Last Crusade; as good as it is, and despite the added value of Connery, Last Crusade almost feels by-the-numbers at times, if that makes any sense).

Continuing my Indy/Vacation parallels from earlier in the thread (I think the first is the best, the second is unfairly maligned, and the third is just a smidge overrated and doesn't deserve to be placed on as high of a pedestal over the second as it sometimes is), Indy 4 is almost like the Vegas Vacation of the series to me. I don't understand why anybody would rank it above TOD; to me it makes as much sense as ranking Vegas Vacation above European Vacation (which is the TOD equivalent as far as how much shit it gets from people).

Edited by TServo2049

Overall I'm still happy that Universal has this weekend they now have 10 weekends already at number 1! That's awesome! I'm also happy that Inside Out did not win the weekend because I want it to beat My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

• Like 1

That scene was an awful long wait to get to while sitting ever so bored beyond tears at the C-SPAN Coverage of the Trade Embargo's or negotiations or whatever the fuck they were debating.. And you had Jar Jar Binks to endure as well to get to Darth Maul..

I didnt even like Darth Maul.