baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

I don't think that had much to do with it. I think the one two punch of JW and IO stole most of the thunder, and that had the biggest effect. Had Ted 2 opened in a quieter month, it wouldn't have opened hugely, but I would say 45M would have happened.

I disagree, I for 1 loved Ted but I'm not that bothered about going to see the sequel. If it looked great then I would. Ted is meant to be an offensive stoner teddy bear yet the whole story of him proving himself to be contributing to society is just a little too much for me. They could have thought of something much better

LMAO Variety just publish an article on how R comedies are collapsing and are not a success anymore :rofl:

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/ted-2-box-office-fumble-r-rated-comedies-1201530076/

lmao, just like superhero movies. Everything except dinosaur movies, street racing government agent movies and Pixar movies is dead I guess

• Like 3

lmao, just like superhero movies. Everything except dinosaur movies, street racing government agent movies and Pixar movies is dead I guess

After Ant-Man the flooding of articles saying the end of Marvel is here will be unbearable. 

I disagree, I for 1 loved Ted but I'm not that bothered about going to see the sequel. If it looked great then I would. Ted is meant to be an offensive stoner teddy bear yet the whole story of him proving himself to be contributing to society is just a little too much for me. They could have thought of something much better

The movie was more about what it means/constitutes to be a individual person. Some good allegories there but the movie just couldn't make it work.

LMAO Variety just publish an article on how R comedies are collapsing and are not a success anymore :rofl:

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/ted-2-box-office-fumble-r-rated-comedies-1201530076/

They basically answer their own question with their examples, and even mentioned the NOVELTY of the upcoming Trainwreck and Vacation. This is such a fucking pointless article that will be rendered moot in a month from now. Seriously, Variety... why?

Edited by goldenstate5

LOL comedies are not dead. But male-centric ones have definitely been having it rough, although that can be chalked up to the movies themselves (Mortedaci, Hot Tub Time Machine 2, Unfinished Business, and now Ted 2) not looking particularly funny. Entourage should kinda be kept separate since it was doomed from conception given its niche appeal.

Edited by filmlover

They basically answer their own question with their examples, and even mentioned the NOVELTY of the upcoming Trainwreck and Vacation. This is such a fucking pointless article that will be rendered moot in a month from now. Seriously, Variety... why?

Clickbait

Self/Less in two weeks, just in time for the 2 year anniversary

Self/Less will do in total what that movie did in OW.

I saw that movie in theaters. One of the worst theatrical experiences I have ever had.

• Like 1

I had honestly forgotten about R.I.P.D. That was one of those movies where I saw the trailer over and over because it was attached to other movies I was seeing, and I became less and less interested every time I saw it.

R.I.P.D. was like the Mirror Universe opposite version of building up interest in a movie by attaching a good trailer to another movie everyone is seeing. Universal attached a bad trailer to Despicable Me 2, and I am convinced that it actually drove audiences AWAY from the movie.

(Actually, I think the same applied to Turbo - another movie with Ryan Reynolds as the protagonist, that opened on the same weekend, that had a shitty trailer which played before Despicable Me 2, that I am convinced killed any chances it had because everyone saw the trailer and was turned off by it.)

Edited by TServo2049