baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

I didn't really HATE At World's End but I never cared much for it. I still like Dead Man's Chest though. I don't think the dislike it received was really warranted

I actually like At World's End, but man I really love Dead Man's Chest maybe event. More than Curse ofntye Black Pearl

• Like 1

What's your favorite non-Scorsese, non-Cameron, non-Spielberg, non-Scott, non-Fincher, non-Tarantino, non-Kubrick, non-Burton, non-Raimi, non-Mann, non-Jackson movie?

Assuming non-animated, as well: MMFR.

• Like 1

Will San Andreas outgross Furiosa in the end ?

Barely, but yes. ERC is pissed off for some reason

SAN ANDREAS is going to gross more than MAD MAX: FURY ROAD. That's depressing. I hope The Rock sleeps well at night knowing that.

— Exhibitor Relations (@ERCboxoffice) June 22, 2015
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

LOL WTF? Did Dwayne Johnson steal their dog or something?

• Like 3

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He does

• Like 1

What's your favorite non-Scorsese, non-Cameron, non-Spielberg, non-Scott, non-Fincher, non-Tarantino, non-Kubrick, non-Burton, non-Raimi, non-Mann, non-Jackson movie?

(adding non-animated and non-foreign language)

1. Life of Pi

2. Cruel Intentions

3. Independence Day

4. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

5. Galaxy Quest

or something like that. I didn't get where I am today because of my taste in films.

• Like 1

Regarding Ted 2, the Japanese gross will be interesting for that as the first one did crazy numbers if I remember rightly.

I also expect the budget will still be low enough that it is making money and thus not a disaster, just really disappointing.

Although seriously, at this point Universal could erect a 100ft high solid gold canon and use it to blast $200M into orbit and it would still make a massive profit as a studio for the year in 2015.