Alpha

Wednesday Numbers | Official Estimates: Magic Mike XXL - 9.3M; Terminator: Genisys - 8.9M

I believe more people use Fandango now than when the first Ted came out, so the comparison to San Andreas is much more relevant to Terminator since it is a recent film.

Which is ultimately sad for Terminator's prospects when you consider San Andreas did more than Terminator in previews, 3.1 to 2.3.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 1

Didn't that still do 50M 5-day?

Lone Ranger did $2.0M (compared to TG's $2.3M) in Tuesday previews on its way to a $48.7M 5-day and a $29.2M 4th of July weekend.

That's why I'm not getting any of these super low numbers people are throwing out. Assuming it falls in that line (and The Lone Ranger was a BOMB with horrible 60% weekend drops), TG should still hit over $100M.

Rewatched The Terminator today. "yep, definitely not a concept that lends itself to sequels" was a thought that crossed my head a lot while watching it. took 3 decades to prove that point and here we are.

It's really not a film that lends itself to sequels.  But, then a lot of films don't lend themselves to sequels and we get them anyway.  Just see Legally Blonde 2, and Ted 2.

The 2018 summer schedule looks like total shit. A bunch of animated films (three from Fox alone), and sequels to Godzilla and the Terminator reboot.

Of course, it should change a good bit as we get closer to it.

Don't forget Infinity War Part 1.

Rewatched The Terminator today. "yep, definitely not a concept that lends itself to sequels" was a thought that crossed my head a lot while watching it. took 3 decades to prove that point and here we are.

T2 proves great sequels are possible and a post apocalyptic Terminator movie has plenty of potential but some idiot chose McG to make that movie.

• Like 1

I'm pleading ignorance, but what's a Jai Courtney??? :thinking: 

The charisma vacuum who played John McClane's son in Die Hard 5 and Kyle Reese in Terminator Genesys.

He's box office poison and will probably cause Suicide Squad to flop.

• Like 2