Mojoguy

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals: IO 29.77, JW 29.24, TG 27.02, | IO Wins Weekend!

NORTH AMERICA: Early Weekend Projections: 'Inside Out' ($30M) & 'Jurassic World' ($28.9M) Maintain Dominance; 'Terminator Genisys' Misfires ($26.5M/$42M); 'Magic Mike XXL' Underwhelms ($15.7M/$30.8M); 'Me & Earl & The Dying Girl' Eyes $488K Expansion

• Like 1

I think Magic Mike 2 didn't appealed to the Ladies as much as the 1st one did and I hardly saw any trailers for it. I think they did a bad job promoting it.

I honestly believe Alex Pettyfer was a big draw for people for the first movie.

These two shits failed because they took too long to come out. I mean, 3 years for a comedy and a stripper movie? Lol. Ted 2 should have come out last year and Magic Mike 2 probably should have come out in 2013.

Edited by CJohn

Does Alex Pettyfer even qualify as a D-lister? He's burned so many bridges behind the scenes before actually establishing himself along with his starring roles bombing that he'll be lucky if he even has a future on the DTV market.

• Like 1

Does Alex Pettyfer even qualify as a D-lister? He's burned so many bridges behind the scenes before actually establishing himself along with his starring roles bombing that he'll be lucky if he even has a future on the DTV market.

you don't have to be a leading man to get roles in theatrically released movies. 

"Inside Out" getting #1 on it's 3rd Weekend makes up for losing on it's 1st weekend.   I'm sorry but I'm not impressed with this weekend.   The fact that Inside Out and Jurassic World are winning is sad for the openers. 

Both JW and IO will hopefully cross 30m this weekend. If Ted 2, Terminator Genyses and MM2 hadn't underperformed we'd be having 5 movies over 30m this weekend. Combined with 3 movies over 50m in the previous weekend, that would have made this the most memorable and best month (or rather, the best 4 weekends) ever in history of Box Office (For people following it).

Edited by Infernus

Both JW and IO will hopefully cross 30m this weekend. If Ted 2, Terminator Genyses and MM2 hadn't underperformed we'd be having 5 movies over 30m this weekend.

ño doubt.. that's what hollywood gets for making turd movies

fc,220x200,white.jpg "come see me"

Edited by Mike Wazowski
  • Like 1

I honestly believe Alex Pettyfer was a big draw for people for the first movie.

:lol: They barely used Pettyer in the promo campaign of the first one. The novelty factor is gone and audiences still feel burned by all the "dark side of stripping" stuff and the arty yellow filtering that critics loved while women wanted Ladies' Night: The Movie. The promo this time was all about how the story was more lighthearted like people wanted before. They had a lot of making up to do, and July 4th weekend maybe wasn't the best for this sort of film.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica