Mojoguy

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals: IO 29.77, JW 29.24, TG 27.02, | IO Wins Weekend!

I don't think there are exact comparisons available for JW or IO

I'd think

IO

Fri: 12.5m

Sat: 9.1m (-27%)

Sun: 11.8m (+30%)

Wknd: 33.4m

JW

Fri: 11.8m

Sat: 8.8m (-25%)

Sun: 11.8m (+34%)

Wknd: 32.4m

• Like 2

I don't think there are exact comparisons available for JW or IO

I'd think

IO

Fri: 12.5m

Sat: 9.1m (-27%)

Sun: 11.8m (+30%)

Wknd: 33.4m

JW

Fri: 11.8m

Sat: 8.8m (-25%)

Sun: 11.8m (+34%)

Wknd: 32.4m

^this. After having much better Friday increases than IA3/TF2, I don't see why anyone would use either of those or 2009 in general to compare 2015 to. The BO landscape is so much different than it was back then, and July 4th is generally unpredictable. 

Ice Age 3 and Transformers 2 didn't come close to having the WOM that JW/IO currently have. 

$32-33 million for each and they're both set for solid holds next weekend despite Minions. 

Edited by mahnamahna

Jurassic World and Inside Out, buddies for lyfe (ok just three weeks) are about to be divorced because of those ugly yellow bastards.

Makes me kind of weepy :(

Why divorced? They're still going to be #2 and 3 next weekend right?

I don't think we can say what's going to happen today in any/all confidence. IO/JW/Termy all jumped way more than most of the 2009 films, and that could indicate everything's going down today big time. Simultaneously though it's raining across the east coast today so people might do movies instead of fireworks.

I'll update with actual projections as soon as they come in and start to make sense. :)

• Like 2

Why divorced? They're still going to be #2 and 3 next weekend right?

I hope. If Minions doesn't cut into IO as sharply, and allows for another movie to jump in front of IO, which is what may or may not happen.

If not this upcoming week, then it's definitely happening the next with Pixels and Trainwreck.

Edited by goldenstate5

I don't think we can say what's going to happen today in any/all confidence. IO/JW/Termy all jumped way more than most of the 2009 films, and that could indicate everything's going down today big time. Simultaneously though it's raining across the east coast today so people might do movies instead of fireworks.

I'll update with actual projections as soon as they come in and start to make sense. :)

Lmao we have another Rth here. 

• Like 4