Mojoguy

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals: IO 29.77, JW 29.24, TG 27.02, | IO Wins Weekend!

There will be no sequel. The interest is too low WW.

There will be if China pulls 200M+, with another 200M or so from the rest of the markets and 80-90M DOM and you have a WW total of 500M. 

• Like 1

Maybe its just because of Alan Taylor, if he quits, then Terminator Genisys 2 is happening.

This post makes 0 sense. Don't flood every thread with stuff like this. 

If Paramount wants to do it they will just fire him. I bet he signed for one movie only anyway. 

Edited by CJohn

They would have to fudge 10M or so. Just too much :lol:

Not really... if the $10.7M number sticks it's actually $1M ahead of where Public Enemies was in '09 and that made $97M.  It just needs to have reasonable holds (not saying it will but I've seen stranger things).

• Like 1

This post makes 0 sense. Don't flood every thread with stuff like this. 

If Paramount wants to do it they will just fire him. I bet he signed for one movie only anyway. 

Okay.

Not really... if the $10.7M number sticks it's actually $1M ahead of where Public Enemies was in '09 and that made $97M.  It just needs to have reasonable holds (not saying it will but I've seen stranger things).

There is no way WOM will be the same Public Enemies had.

There is no way WOM will be the same Public Enemies had.

TG has a higher Cinemascore and better RT audience score.  45% drops are probably a stretch but I would've thought San Andreas dropping 20% and 38% in weeks 3-4 was a stretch too.

Edited by Spectre

Terminator Convergence, following the Fast Five model:

Arnold, Linda Hamilton, Michael Biehn, Robert Patrick, Edward Furlong, Khaleesi, Jai Ho, Jason Clarke, JK, Matt Smith, Nick Stahl, Claire Danes, Bryce Dallas Howard, Christian Bale, Sam Worthington, Moon Bloodgood, Kristanna Loken, Anton Yelchin

and introducing Dwayne Johnson as Hobbs.

What about Lena Headey, Thomas Dekker and Summer Glau?

• Like 3

Why is everybody comparing Terminator movie to Public Enemies?

So Toy Story 3 in its third weekend made about as much as IO will make this weekend (30.8m). From there it had a 5.16x multiplier, despite hitting a new kids film every week for a month. Inside Out's legs have been better than TS3's so far, but say Minions takes an enormous bite out of it and it has a 4x multiplier from this weekend instead... it still hits 336m. So I don't think Nemo is much of a question.

TS3 didn't make $150 million+ after its 3rd weekend.

Either way, I agree that IO isn't doomed. It'll drop 40-45% this week, and 35-40% next due to Minions spillover. Then 10-30% drops until its inevitable Labor Day boost