Mojoguy

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals: IO 29.77, JW 29.24, TG 27.02, | IO Wins Weekend!

I dunno about that. but they weren't any good either. I can't say I remember a single action beat beyond that stupid bus flip thing that was in all the ads. People can shit on t3 all they like but the car chase in that is actually pretty fun.

It's just me loving time travel and hearing people talk about it. Even if it's bad, appeals to a particular part of me.

All I know is that it was during one of their very serious indeed talks that I realized I hated this movie. I know a couple people here have me pegged as a cynic but truth is that I like the vast majority of the shit that I see, and every time I realize I hate a movie it's like a tragedy. it's a sudden realization that feels like a bullet got lodged into my skull. But I guess it's not the one thing, it's my brain suddenly absorbing everything that's happened up until that point.

If only BOT run Hollywood, we would have perfect films and perfect casts.

And a perfect John Connor.

But the city of angels ignores us.

:(  :angry:

Well a Futurist studio would be a one-track record

• Like 1

Honestly, I enjoyed Magic Mike XXL way better than Jurassic World

I think I saw you say the exact same thing about TG.

If you didn't enjoy JW, it's not much of an accomplishment that you enjoyed other movies better. 

;)

• Like 1

They really should stop making Terminator films.

They should've never made Salvation. TG would probably have opened much better without the sting of that movie. Maybe even got a bit of the JW nostalgia/hiatus thing going for it. It may have even been better received since people might have missed the franchise more. And I didn't think the film was bad anyways.

Edited by MovieMan89

Since BOM has had a nosedive in quality, I've been looking for somewhere else to get my box-office overview fix. 

I think the best I've come across so far are the Gitesh write-ups. He puts things in perspective rather well and gives a well balanced overview.

Here's the one for this weekend.

I didn't even realize Gitesh did write ups. At least he doesn't try to make his article titles filled with puns.  :lol:

I keep having a feeling that Avatar 2's final final release date will be 2019. And then we still have 3 and 4 to go. So yeah, Cameron isn't making other films till the late 2020's. IF he makes any other films.

I would prefer if he would move to other original project instead of more Avatar tbh. 

• Like 3

I have a feeling Cameron is going to want to end his career with something other than Terminator or Avatar.

But I'm not sure what his motive is for wasting so much time on Avatar. It's not like he needs the money and you can't tell me he would agree to three sequels under normal circumstances.

Ah, should've known. Though I have to say I think JW's reign is more impressive because it has done it in the heart of summer. TDK came out at the end of July and was kinda the last big blockbuster for the season.

JW was helped by the fact some sequels underperformed, especially Ted 2. Still think JP4's run is more impressive than TDK/TA1. Inside Out was much bigger competition for family dollars than what TDK/TA1 faced in their runs.

I have a feeling Cameron is going to want to end his career with something other than Terminator or Avatar.

But I'm not sure what his motive is for wasting so much time on Avatar. It's not like he needs the money and you can't tell me he would agree to three sequels under normal circumstances.

He probably had a story already thought of when he made Avatar and ideas kept pouring in after the film got released. He wants to do it because he wants to satisfy his artistic endeavors. If a creative person thinks of a story that he wants to tell, that person will not stop until he does, and being a perfectionist and not to mention having the money and resources to do it I don't think Jim is going to let anything stop him from finishing it. 

Edited by kowan
  • Like 2