Gopher

Thursday #s- IO 4.25 JW 3.25 Mike 2.6 TS 2.4

I'll say 130M.. Now wouldn't it be something if this movie beat JW OW OF 209M??? How angry or bummed out would you be on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most angry or bummed out??? :thinking: 

I wouldn't be angry, I would be completely amazed by that. It doesn't have IMAX. It will have some premium large format. It doesn't seem to have anywhere near the 3D screen count that JP4 had on its opening weekend. As an animated film with low 3D screen count geared at young kids, the average ticket price is bound to be much lower than something like JP4 or Avengers...which means it would have to sell a lot more tickets to make the same amount of money. That would be incredible if it happens.

Just to give perspective, DM2 would have made around $113m if it opened on a Friday. So it would have had a 24 multiplier from the previews to weekend gross. Inside Out also had a 24 multiplier from previews to weekend gross. If this hits $7-8m in previews, I think $140-150m is going to happen. If it has $7.5m previews and a 24 multi for the weekend, that would be $180m. :o

• Like 2