CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

Just giving my opinion, don't care if it s seen as edgy or whatever.

I think you simplify things way too much, choosing films that fit your reasoning, making broad generalizations.

Moviemaking is such a collaborative process that, to me, great films are more happy accidents than everything else, even if I don't discount the importance of directors.

Let s agree to disagree.

:)

I do agree to disagree, and you're right, there is very large variance in movies, but it was the way you sarcastically jumped to a fake extreme to try to make your point I was disagreeing with. No one is saying that every movie where the director has control will be great or that every movie where the producers impose alot will be bad. But the evidence points to the fact that producers have more/stricter creative control due to the franchise synergy jumble than in the past, and that it's driving high-caliber directors away from franchise films. 

• Like 1

I do agree to disagree, and you're right, there is very large variance in movies, but it was the way you sarcastically jumped to a fake extreme to try to make your point I was disagreeing with. No one is saying that every movie where the director has control will be great or that every movie where the producers impose alot will be bad. But the evidence points to the fact that producers have more/stricter creative control due to the franchise synergy jumble than in the past, and that it's driving high-caliber directors away from franchise films. 

If anyone needs somebody to direct a franchise film for them, just get Alan Taylor.

• Like 1