CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

meanwhile some toy factory in china..

minion-gifs-9.gif

To be honest, they could loop this gif for 90 min, release it in theaters as Despicable Me 3, and make 300M DOM and get lauded by people claiming "OMG, the Minions were so adorable and funny and the film had a real sentimental side to it oooooh"

• Like 1

Blanks is in full-on James Woods Hercules mode.

I prefer to imagine myself as Lewis Black Anger

Wait, then you'll all go "BLANK IS A LOONEY INSIDE OUT STAN"

I prefer to imagine myself as IMMORTAN JOE

• Like 2

Blank's meltdown is hilarious, especially since there shouldn't actually be any reason for it, not like Minions came out of nowhere to do this well, everyone knew it was going to do well - except Tele and Ethan Hunt (one is too old and disillusioned, one is too young and crazy)

Umm... He wants to see the better movie doing better than the sub-par one, sounds like a valid reason to me. People here did that all the time with every big franchise/movie. Just because it's a movie made for toddlers doesn't mean it should be immune to all criticisms.

• Like 1

IO and JW with even worse than expected drops? Race to $12M between the three? Sigh.

That was their very first report at 4 P.M. EST. They haven't updated appropriately. From the looks of things, I don't see TG competing at all with IO or JW.