CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

Way tougher to franchise Nemo than Shrek. "Nemo 2" does not even have Nemo it seems.

We'll see. Dory is also getting a full fledged IMAX release, that will boost revenue.

But Nemo is in the sequel they're just recasting him.

I already made the joke like 10 times but for real, I really think coke dealers & pimps :ph34r:  can't supply Universal headquarters anymore.

:(

All they will have now is depression & nostalgia : " Ah, kid, I was at Universal in 2015, it was ... something ...let me tell you the stories about what I did with that I rex & Minion dolls to this girl ... "

• Like 1

We don't know that. Dory may be the main character, but I highly doubt they won't have Marlin and Nemo there, too.

We'll see. Dory is also getting a full fledged IMAX release, that will boost revenue.

But Nemo is in the sequel they're just recasting him.

But he is certainly not the main character. My point is about how much tougher it's to franchise Nemo than Shrek, not a segway around whether Nemo will be present in the next movie.

Edited by a2k

Nemo wasn't the main character in Finding Nemo either, when you think about it. He was A main character, but the film was really more of Marlin's journey, wasn't it? And Dory was the breakout character, she appealed and endeared to everyone - giving her a bigger focus isn't like giving Mater a bigger focus, everyone loved Dory.

This isn't like the Minions without Gru/Margo/Edith/Agnes, or the Penguins without Alex and Marty. There have been other sequels where the deuteragonist or breakout main supporting character got more into the forefront and it wasn't a "Mater in Cars 2" situation, haven't there?

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

Nemo wasn't the main character in Finding Nemo either, when you think about it. He was A main character, but the film was really more of Marlin's journey, wasn't it? And Dory was the breakout character, she appealed and endeared to everyone - giving her a bigger focus isn't like giving Mater a bigger focus, everyone loved Dory.

That's true. The point originally was that Nemo is tougher to make into a franchise than Shrek. The discussions around who is the main character proves it somewhat.

That's true. The point originally was that Nemo is tougher to make into a franchise than Shrek. That 's all.

Here's my guess for IO, taking into account possible Friday night mysteries.

That's a $17.2m weekend with a 30% increase and drop on Sat and Sun respectively. It needs a 4.85x multiplier from this weekend to hit $350m. Considering how Minions was the worst thing it had to face in its run, it's very much doable.

That's a $17.2m weekend with a 30% increase and drop on Sat and Sun respectively. It needs a 4.85x multiplier from this weekend to hit $350m. Considering how Minions was the worst thing it had to face in its run, it's very much doable.

Why can't we view past weekend threads?

Saturday is too low considering how subdued last Sat was and how subdued this Fri's bump was

Sunday won't drop that hard since last Sunday didn't really get a bump

17.5-18.5 is the range for IO