CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

Crazy how we're getting yet another 100m+++ OW grosser for Universal when they had none to start with at the beginning of the year.  :lol:

Not only that, but no other studio has had two, let alone three, films cross that mark on OW in a single year. Universal has really arrived this year, and it'll be curious to see if they can make the Warcraft film a huge hit next summer.

• Like 3

Not only that, but no other studio has had two, let alone three, films cross that mark on OW in a single year. Universal has really arrived this year, and it'll be curious to see if they can make the Warcraft film a huge hit next summer.

Hell, JP4 technically had three $100m weekends during its run. Two on opening weekend and then again on second weekend, lol.

• Like 1

I have no idea what long-term WOM is going to be for Minions. My showing got rousing applause, but I left a showing of JW and passed a Minioms showing getting out, and overheard a parent asking their kid "was that the worst movie ever?" Or was it the other way around. Still, to hear that...

Not only that, but no other studio has had two, let alone three, films cross that mark on OW in a single year.

Actually, Disney had two $100m OWs in 2010 (Alice/TS3), and Lionsgate+Summit had two in 2012 (THG/BD2). But you're right, nobody has had three. Even adjusted for inflation. (Inflation gives Paramount two in 2008, IM1/Indy 4)

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

Wow.

We just died. Like it was super fucking busy right up until 5. We hit 4,000 people! Which was right in line with the insanity of Jurassic World's Saturday.

Then since then, we've only done another 1,000!

I don't know what the fuck happened.

• Like 4

Wow.

We just died. Like it was super fucking busy right up until 5. We hit 4,000 people! Which was right in line with the insanity of Jurassic World's Saturday.

Still a decent increase from Friday isn't it?

Kinda interesting that none of the three 100m opening films that Universal had this year is a comics-adaptation. I mean, this is the blockbuster era of comics-adaptations isn't it?

Edited by vc2002

Wow.

Kids only there for Minions stopped showing up since it was getting late? ;)

Wow.

A collective "It's a beautiful July Saturday. What the hell are we doing seeing Minions?". Also, I'm disturbed by the recent lack of various "fudge" puns.

Nah, I'm joking! You guys overuse "fudge" to the point where it just ain't funny anymore.

Still a decent increase from Friday isn't it?

Kinda? But hitting that number that early was getting us pumped. Then it just died and stayed dead.

It's not like there's anything going on right now is there? No sporting events that I can think of....

Kinda? But hitting that number that early was getting us pumped. Then it just died and stayed dead.

It's not like there's anything going on right now is there? No sporting events that I can think of....

Minions front loaded?