#ED

Monday Actuals: Minions 12.9M (-58%)

I have no idea how to determine from here, where Minions will end up. However, I think repeat viewings will be extremely low for this film, which I would think would be felt around week 4 and beyond giving it weak middle and late legs. I just don't know how much a failure to inspire repeat viewings effects box office. After seeing this movie Sunday, while not terrible, I can't imagine wanting to see it a 2nd time.

With Minions opening, first week and probable 2nd weekend numbers being so huge, I think it will still end up 10-20 million above Inside Out.

Both movies are huge wins for their studios. Even though Minions production was much cheaper than Inside Out, the marketing budget has to be off the charts. This is the most heavily marketed film I've ever seen. I bet total budgets are closer than anyone thinks.

I have no idea how to determine from here, where Minions will end up. However, I think repeat viewings will be extremely low for this film, which I would think would be felt around week 4 and beyond giving it weak middle and late legs. I just don't know how much a failure to inspire repeat viewings effects box office. After seeing this movie Sunday, while not terrible, I can't imagine wanting to see it a 2nd time.

With Minions opening, first week and probable 2nd weekend numbers being so huge, I think it will still end up 10-20 million above Inside Out.

Both movies are huge wins for their studios. Even though Minions production was much cheaper than Inside Out, the marketing budget has to be off the charts. This is the most heavily marketed film I've ever seen. I bet total budgets are closer than anyone thinks.

I read on Twitter so many people saying they did/plan to see it again. Of course Twitter can't be used to judge at all but still a nice tiny indicator:)